1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shoey, a question about downloading BWA files.

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by cdneger, Aug 31, 2003.

1. cdneger

cdneger Member

I read that you can provide a link to download BWA files...
    Can you? :)
    That would help! :)

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

I can't provide a link for bwa file downloads m8 so your best option is to create your own. If you wan't to create a "temp" website (at least 25-50 meg storage) feel free to do so and "pm" me and we'll go from there. Any nOOb willing to create a "temp" website [bold] please contact me via pm [/bold]

Shoey :)

3. cdneger

cdneger Member

Last edited: Aug 31, 2003
  4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Well there is a link around here somewhere (hehe) to Cd Copy Base but that website has gone German so it isn't worth the hassle to post as last time I was there, I swear I met Adolf Hitler searching and searching and searching for English bwa files (keeps going and going and going...) With the help of a good friend PortMac, Afterdawn forums hopes to bring you bwa files via his website. His website is listed in our CD-R sticky threads for pc game protection list.

Shoey

5. cdneger

cdneger Member

Yes that's it, Copy Base, I found that through CDfreaks. And me being Dutch helps with the German thing, cos most of us Dutchies can read that lingo. :)

6. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Could you give me the link? I might be able to glean some stuff from it

7. Portmac

Portmac Guest

8. Praetor

Thanks dude!
    Edit: errr ya.... so i cant read the stuff hehe_X_X_X_X_X_[small]ASUS A7V8X-X, AMD2500+
    Samsung 1024MB, PC2700
    360GB [3x120GB, 7200, 8MB]
    MSI Starforce, GeForce4 Ti4400 128MB

AFTERDAWN IRC: irc.emule-project.net, #ad_buddies
    COME SAY HI![/small]

Last edited: Aug 31, 2003
  9. cdneger

cdneger Member

If there's anything specific you're looking for I might be able to direct you to it...
    I'm not gonna translate the whole site, obviously, but if you need locations of specific files and such I think I can find them.

For the location of the BWA files: Click on the link 'Datenbank'. If you then select 'Securom' in the box 'kopierschutz', and fill in 4.8 in the box 'version', you'll get a list of games protected with, obviously, the dreadful Securom 4.8.x.
    Then you want to select the game you need to have BWA'd, and all the way on the right side of the screen you'll see the word 'dateien'. Click on that and you get a selection of downloadable files. For example, the game Aquanox 2 has 2 BWA's and 2 MDS's available for download.

Hope this helped. :)

10. Praetor

Yes yes that makes a lot more sense now hehe.

11. cbbenny

cbbenny Member

hey, i'm the creator of copybase.ch/.net ... do you think it'll be useful if I translate the whole page into english? or just the database?

12. Shoey

Shoey Guest

The whole page would be nice m8. The need for bwa files will decrease once BlindWrite Suite launches BlindWrite Suite 5.0 and that's all I'm permitted to comment.....

13. cbbenny

cbbenny Member

yes, you're right, i saw it myself, because we're beta testers... it seems the topology mesurement will be included in the imagefile. but there will always be users who want to write a cd that's running without the autorun function of bw..

14. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Only way this is going to happen is if the "rom" can bypass the twinsector cd scheme of the SecuROM cd protection m8. There a few that can and I hear(read at other forums) the Plex Premium can actually do a 1:1 backup of SecuROM 4.8.3&^ but don't know which burning software is used. Problem with Plextor Premium when backing up Safedisc 2.8-2.9 is unstable because of the TLA# release.....

15. Praetor

Yeah but plexy drives are just too much hassle for their cost IMO :)

16. big-bill

big-bill Member

Hi shoey
    I have been reading your info with interest I have been trying to back up some games I have bought for my son as he does not look after the disks namely wolfenstein, desert storm 2, the great escape, republic the revolution and a few others, we run a p4 2.8 gig 1 meg ddr ram radeon 9700 all in wonder liteon dvd and a new MSI 52x32x52 writer. The only way I manage to copy games is to put a no cd crack after I have copied them but for the above I have failed to get that to work. But we do have a lot of mug coasters now. I have twin peak blindread 4.5.7.49 registered versions clony xxL and clonecd have I got the equipment to copy these games or am I short of something apart from the knowledge of what to do with it all as I am a complete beginner. if you reply i am not even sure how to find out or where to look.
    tx
    Bill

Last edited: Sep 30, 2003
  17. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Bill,
    For your privacy it is forbidden to post email addresses m8. Use ClonyXXL and scan each game to determine what cd protection is on the cd(s) to determine what cd burning program you'll need to use. I find BlindWrite Suite 4.25 the more recommended program to backup SecuROM 4.8.3&up and CloneCD\TwinPeak Tool as an alternative. Your MSI 52x cd burner is more than likely a "1 sheep burner" (efm encoding) which basically means you'll need the aid of "amplify\enhance weak sectors" in the write process to backup Safedisc 2.x. I recommend using Alcohol 120% to backup Safedisc and BlindWrite Suite 4.5.x as an alternative m8. If you backup pc game protection (or audio)on a routine basis then I recommend you purchase another cd burner such as Asus 52x, LiteOn52x, or the Plextor Premium. If your looking for a good dvd burner to backup the latest pc game protection, then definatly go with the Plextor PX-708A DVD-Burner.

PC game protection list: http://www.portmac.com/

Shoey :)_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Certified Computer Technician
    http://www.afterdawn.com/general/legal.cfm
    Mobo: MSI KT4VL-6712
    CPU: AthlonXP Barton 2500+
    Ram: 512 SD-DDR (PC-2700)
    nVidia GeForce4 MX440-8x
    Maxtor ATA\133 80 gig hd
    DVD-ROM: LiteOn LTD 165H
    CDRW: Memorex52MAXX 2452[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2003
  18. big-bill

big-bill Member

Hi shoey
    Might of known i would break the rules first time on. SORRY TO ALL.
    how much better is the plextor to the lite on and i do also have a tdk cyclone.
    or is it buy a new one. the money we have spent on the games we may as well, is the lite on a cd-rw or a dvd as i have no intrest in the dvd side but i'm not sure how much the pextor will be.tx again bill

19. big-bill

big-bill Member

Hi shoey
    wow i have looked in to it and the plextor is well its not cheap. being fair is it that much better than the lite on 52x32x52 cd-wr as i think that is more in my price range but if you feel i will still have problems then maybe i will have to bite the bullet.
    tx
    Bill

20. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Bill, Plextor drives (expensive as they are) are also great drives for burning audio as well. I've been chosen by the admin. to test BlindWrite Suite 5 Beta and with some of my results, I would recommend the Plextor Premium ( cd burner) or the Plextor PX708A DVD-Burner. If you find these drives just too expensive then go for the Asus 52x cd burner. If you decide on the Plextor Premium, request TLA# 0002 . The LiteOn 52x would be my last choice simply because the makers of Safedisc (Macrovision) have "targeted" Litey cd burners.

Shoey :)_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Certified Computer Technician
    http://www.afterdawn.com/general/legal.cfm
    Mobo: MSI KT4VL-6712
    CPU: AthlonXP Barton 2500+
    Ram: 512 SD-DDR (PC-2700)
    nVidia GeForce4 MX440-8x
    Maxtor ATA\133 80 gig hd
    DVD-ROM: LiteOn LTD 165H
    CDRW: Memorex52MAXX 2452[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2003