1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shoey, a question about downloading BWA files.

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by cdneger, Aug 31, 2003.

1. big-bill

big-bill Member

hi the premium looks more up my street is there a model number i have found
    CD-RW 52r 52w 32rw Int IDE RP
    Mfr code: PREMIUM/T3

12xDVD 40r 20w 10rw Int IDE RP
    Mfr code: PX-320A

DVD+-R/RW 8x Int IDE Retail
    Mfr code: PX-708A/T3
    if you would be so kind as to put them in order i will get one and start from scratch. Again i would like to thank you for your help and Patience
    Bill

Last edited: Oct 1, 2003
  2. big-bill

big-bill Member

request TLA# 0000 sorry this means?
    Bill

3. Shoey

Shoey Guest

The TLA # stands for the hardware revision. There are some differences between the various TLA#'s. You can find the TLA # on the unit itself and on the package you got it in. petspeed: Plextor uses the first two digits in the TLA# for the hardware revision and the last two digits for the shipped firmware version. So the only difference between TLA#0000 and TLA#0002 should be the shipped firmware which you can easily update yourself if you've got a TLA#0000

Source information: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?threadid=73493

Shoey :)

Shoey :)__X_X_X_X_X_[small]Certified Computer Technician
    http://www.afterdawn.com/general/legal.cfm
    Mobo: MSI KT4VL-6712
    CPU: AthlonXP Barton 2500+
    Ram: 512 SD-DDR (PC-2700)
    nVidia GeForce4 MX440-8x
    Maxtor ATA\133 80 gig hd
    DVD-ROM: LiteOn LTD 165H
    CDRW: Memorex52MAXX 2452[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2003
  4. big-bill

big-bill Member

hi shoey it's me again with my plextor the number is the 002 version not sure if that is good or bad i have 4.5.7.49 blindwrite suite & twin peaks v 0.2 now is there a page you can send me to or could you tell me how to proceed sorry not sure what to do now i also have nero version and alcohol 120% but that is a trial version 1.4.6 build 711.
    thank you again
    Bill

Last edited: Oct 3, 2003
  5. big-bill

big-bill Member

hi and sorry the nero i have now instaled the one that came with the plextor which is 5.5
    Bill

6. big-bill

big-bill Member

hi I have tried just to see what happened I opened blind write clicked on the yellow and dumped the image of the cd that is going into the local folder of bind write did this at max speed. Image file output is blind write bwt;bwi;bws) using nibble adapt speed ticked min 1 max set to max then pressed read. Everything else that I can turn off in the background is off. Including all antivirus,
    It then says top line 1 session(s) - 1 track(s) (1 data,0 audio) second line track 01 - mode 1 00:00:00 (000000) to 74:22:55 (334705)
    Then pop up that says do you want to extract physical media layout (bwa file) I have clicked this at max 8x and 1x speed and have more spikes than bart simpson uo and down i am sure this is not right put yes for it to write last sector and no as well max sector is set at 334000 on this screen
    tx
    Bill

7. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

1. What are you trying to BWA?
    2. Considered BWA-ing slower? perhaps down to 2x?

8. big-bill

big-bill Member

hi the games I was trying were republic the revolution, desert storm 2, Tron 2.0, wolfenstein, red faction 2,
    shoey had said my MSI 52x32x52 was probably not up to the job so I have bought a plextor premium version 002 but the are so many spikes trying to get the bwa that at the end it say most of the time that the cd drive is no good I am not sure the best way to make backups of these as my son does not look after the originals so they get scratched and they are expensive. If anyone can help great as I think shoey must be away.

9. big-bill

big-bill Member

oh and sorry i have tried 1 speed to get the bwa. also when i have it i don't know what to do sorry a complete novice.
    tx again

10. Shoey

Shoey Guest

big-bill,
    Congrats on your purchase of the Plex Premium (TLA#0002), the only cd burner on da market that can do a 1:1 backup of SecuROM 4.8.3&up . Are you using ClonyXXL to scan each disc to determine what protection (if applicable)is on the the pc games you're attempting to backup? Be sure that you slow down the read process when creating a bwa file with your Plex Premium (1x) If backing up Safedisc 2.x, use the Plexy Premium as reader and play your backup in your dvd\cd-rom m8. Be sure that you don't have "enhace weak sectors" enabled in general settings usingBlindWrite Suite. The Plex Premium uses a different "copy technique" when backing up SecuROM 4.8.3&up called VariRec as all other cd burners use the TwinPeak write method [/b]. Although a bwa file is needed for the Plex Premium, the backup is technically labeled install\play disc and NO backup of a "play disc" is needed, just 1 backup of the SecuROM 4.8.3&up protected disc for the Plex Premium, 2 backups (install\play) for all other brand name cd burners.

11. big-bill

big-bill Member

Hi shoey
    I have been through this but I will tell u exactly what I have done.
    Put the number one disk in to plex used clonyxxL it says Securom *new* V4.84.84.0052.
    This is republic the revolution.
    Now leaving this in the same drive (Plex) open blindwrite suite click on yellow in. then I select dump the image of a cd.click next. Now on this screen there are 2 options authorize the use of alternative? Or which is the one I select extract subcodes this is the one I am using. Now where it says main image file name.
    C:\Program Files\vso\BlindWrite\loc\Republic1. This is already there. Where the image file output is it says blindwrite BWT;BWI;BWS).
    I then click next. On this Extraction page nibble is selected also adapt speed min is set to 1 and max to max now I click read. When that has been read a pop up saying do you want to extract physical media layout. I press yes. Now on this screen the only thing I change is the speed to 1x. I have tried changing the max sector but I have noticed no difference. When I click start it says do I want it to do last sector I say yes. Now for the fist couple of second its fine one end of the line to your left is on 40 the right side is in the corner where the zero and 120,000 are then the line on the right goes ur to the 24 mark and I have a lot of downward spikes and these go up the 28 mark soon at the end it says success:mesurement done. # of known bad point 0
    I have a chart of a lot of quarter inch lifts with square tops and from 26 by the last but one doted upward line I have 4 downward lines from 26 down to the zero at the bottom.
    THEN IT ASKES Do I WANT TO SAVE i say yes and it saves to the same file as the image if this is ok so far what should i do now? and i cannot find how to change any other settings than i have already told you about
    thank you
    Bill
    i must say the strike lines up and down seemed far less on the MSI

12. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Ok you read(dump image) using extract subcodes for SecuROM 4.8.4, use alternative method for reading image (dump) backing up Safedisc 2.9.x
    Make a new folder on your desktop and name whatever you wan't and don't change cd vulume name when saving to your new folder. Choose nibble>adapt speed and read (or dump image) at 24x. Now that you've created a bwa file be sure that the bwa file is exactly named like the original cd volume name.. Look like yours should be Republic1 ? Now open BlindWrite and click the green icon and load your BlindWrite file that you saved>next>burn DAO pw at 8x and check "enable bwa file" if using BlindWrite 4.25, other wise ignore as the new version "embedes" the bwa file in the process. Be sure that you've already installed your original and play the backup from your Plextor. if for some reason it fails then try your dvd\cd-rom and just create&save another bwa file and replace that bwa file with the one you made with your Plextor and burn again.

13. big-bill

big-bill Member

hi shoey i have done all that and no they do not work. it will install the game but it will not play of the disk.
    if you click play it just spins but will not play. i have done 11 copys of repulic the revolution and desert storm 2 and neither work.
    they will install but not play?
    tx
    Bill

14. big-bill

big-bill Member

also in the folder that u told me to make this is what is in there CDS_II_DISC1,blindwrite hd image file 769,123kb No2 CDS_II_DISK1 main file for cd image on hd,in blindwrite 1kb both these are green then No3 CDS_II_DISK1 blindwrite subcode part of cd image 31,393 kb which is orange and No4 CD_II_DISK1.BWA bwa file 27kb this is for conflict desert storm 2.
    if this helps
    tx again
    Bill

15. big-bill

big-bill Member

hey shoey just a thought could it be the typ of disks i am using? these are Mr.data 80min/700mb multispeed
    tx Bill

16. Shoey

Shoey Guest

I'm not persuaded it's your cd-rmedia m8. I honestly believe it's your bwa file. Create another with your dvd\cd-rom. Click Start>Program Files>BlindWrite>BWA Builder. Be sure that the "original" cd is in the dvd\cd-rom and make another bwa file. After the BWA Builder has finished, be sure that you name it CDS_II_DISK1 and burn again . Now delete the bwa file that is already in the folder where you saved the image and replace with the one you created and see if the game will play. In the future if you do a backup "correctly" and the "play" disc won't work then more than likely it's the fault of the bwa file and you create another bwa file with another drive m8.

Shoey :)_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Certified Computer Technician
    http://www.afterdawn.com/general/legal.cfm
    Mobo: MSI KT4VL-6712
    CPU: AthlonXP Barton 2500+
    Ram: 512 SD-DDR (PC-2700)
    nVidia GeForce4 MX440-8x
    Maxtor ATA\133 80 gig hd
    DVD-ROM: LiteOn LTD 165H
    CDRW: Memorex52MAXX 2452[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2003
  17. big-bill

big-bill Member

Hi Shoey
    Just to let you know, I have now got an up and running backup of Republic the Revolution using the CloneCD\ Twin peak tool route. The plextor did what my MSI and Lite-On DVD would not as they would not create the bwa file and I thank you for providing a working bwa using you Memorex 52maxx I think you said. If it was not for the help of you and others like you on after dawn then I would be still making coasters for all our friends in fact I was thinking that I might have to start giving them away a Xmas presents. You have come to my rescue.
    TX
    Bill

18. Shoey

Shoey Guest

It was my pleasure helping you get through this difficult task of backing up SecuROM 4.8.4 as I found out it wasn't quite that easy myself. The reason why I "guided" you through this backup process simply because you took my advice and purchased the Plex Premium. What ticks me off is that the Plex Premium was [/b] unable to create a working bwa file [/b]. Many people at other forums bragged on the burner and how it could do a 1:1 backup of SecuROM 4.8.4 because this Plex Premium uses a different "write" technique. We never looked for a firmware update and this "might" have caused the problem. Anyways, I'm proud to announce I successfully backed up Republic" The Revoulution(SecuROM 4.8.4) which is the same exact pc game big-bill was attempting to backup. My Memorex 52MAXX (butta cutta) easliy defeated (hehe). Oh, and for you nOObs reading this post, the Memorex 52MAXX also easily defeats Safedisc 2.9.x too!

19. big-bill

big-bill Member

Hi shoey
    what it did do was help my wife with a supply of coasters for the coffe table m8. no it would not do a one to one copy no matter what way i tried or speed but again tx for all your help.
    Bill