1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shop4tech Taiyo Yuden ? 8x dvd-r 100 $33.00 CAN THIS BE

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by davea, Nov 12, 2004.

1. davea

davea Member

I have just received an order I placed with Shop4tech,I have had good luck with their off brand dvd media in the past,so I took a chance with some Sonic 8x dvd-r media.When they arrived, I made a few back up copies,they came out great! better than expected{using Nec 2500a,Dvd Shrink 3.2,Nero 6.15}.I than used Dvdinfo & Nero Tools, to run a few test on these disc.To my surprise they showed up as Taiyo Yuden Id TYG02,ran a Media code block on these disc and compared it to 8x TYG02 that I got from another source on the Web, the block code was perfect to the ones I have,go figure.Don't know if this is luck or what! to get these disc so cheap at Shop4tech.I know that the stock brand may change for the same Item ordered.Any way for those who might what to take a chance they have them as of this week Sonic{ID TYG02's} 100's 8x-R $33.00 free shipping.

2. kchev

kchev Regular member

Sounds like fakes at that price

3. davea

davea Member

Don't know I ran all the test that I could to verify these disc as TYG02's,all the block codes came up positive for the Taiyo's .The packaging was very good,looked at the surface of most of the disc in the package they all seemed very even,marking on the innner ring has manuf.#'s . What else can you do to tell a fake product? And above all they burn at 4x thru 8x with NO problems.If any one knows of other ways to tell let Me know although I guess if they are doing what I need I can live with what ever they are. As most of us know, many time's the branded Disc can be not what they claim.

4. kchev

kchev Regular member

I think most TY discs should have a TT,TG, or GG in the serial number of the disc. I have some 8x DVD-R's from rima and they have GG.

5. rayboy

rayboy Regular member

it's happend all the time.
    - I ordered Prodisc -R 8X , I got DVD with code:prodisc F01, burn at 8X.
    - I ordered Prodisc -R 4X, I got DVD with MCC 02RG20 code, and it burn at 12X.

it's weird, but it's do happended .

Last edited: Nov 16, 2004
  6. davea

davea Member

Well I had to contact Shop4tech to ask them the "burning"! Question about these 8x DVD -r disc.The person I talked to told Me that they picked up these disc from a distributer they use and they get what ever they have and sell them under their House Brand Sonic and other House Brands.I told him since there is no mention of the Brand or Maker of these disc that I would believe I got true TYG02's,by chance.He told Me that they would not sell Fake's,since there is no mention that these disc were to be anything other than Sonic {House Brand and nothing more} I think this is true.I burnt 5 more backup copies and The disc are doing a great job.I can see why a good disc is worth the Money.So I ordered another 100 Hopefully they will be the same TYG02's as the first batch.So that's the story.

7. pieman

pieman Regular member

if they are the real thing im catching a plane from the uk at that price!!

8. rayboy

rayboy Regular member

Yo Davea

Would you please post the link of what you order. :)

9. davea

davea Member

Ok! here's the link https://www.shop4tech.com/user.htm they are the Sonic 8x-R's.I've Backed up a few more of My Dvd's and these have got to be some of the Best Media I've bought in this or any other price range Fake's? whatever they are, at this price I'll be buying more again .The only problem is with Shop4Tech they sometimes give you different Media,that they have in stock which they brand Sonic.

10. rayboy

rayboy Regular member

Yo davea

Got 100 DVDs, Sonic with code TY, thanks you.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2004
  11. davea

davea Member

Rayboy what do you think are they the Real Deal ? Have you made any backups? How do they stack up for your Burn results?Let me know when you get a chance Thanks.

12. rayboy

rayboy Regular member

> Rayboy what do you think are they the Real Deal ?

Yes, they are real deal, I jump in for 200 more. I order totally 300 of them, add on to couple hundreds of Ritek, Prodisc, Sony (Japan), TDK (Japan) on my shelve. I have too many blank now, but I always have room for 100 blank more.

> How do they stack up for your Burn results?

Back up the first 8 of them at 8X, no problemo, the Decripter indicates that can burn at speed 12X, but I just set the burnner speed to 8X (within the media spec). I burned with Pioneer DVR 108 f/w original.
    I also print the DVD label with Epson R-200, the label come out is very much the same as the other brand, color is the same and dry in minute.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2004