1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shorten Files (SHN) to CD????

Discussion in 'Audio' started by loxley32, Mar 29, 2004.

1. loxley32

loxley32 Member

Hi .. I have some files that are shn, and AI have no idea how to get them burned to a cd, for audio purposes. The first two files are MD5, and the rest are SHN. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thank you

2. tigre

tigre Moderator Staff Member

Several possibilities:
    1. Ask google where to get a decoder for shorten (should be available at rarewares.org, lossless section but I'm not sure), decode to .wav and burn

2. Maybe there's a Nero shorten plugin at http://neroplugins.cd-rw.org . If yes, install it and burn directly with nero

3. If you have Nero installed you can use foobar2000 (with foo_burninate and shorten decoder component (-> special installer) ) for decoding + burning in one step.

4. There are some free burning programs like Burrrn that can decode many audio formats on the fly. I'm not sure if shorten is among them and too lazy to check myself right now.

3. fehrion

fehrion Guest

You need a free program called mkwact - it's available to download here http://home.att.net/~mkw/mkwact.html
    Once installed on your system (it's small and doesn't use much memory) and after specifying the output directory you drag the SHN files into the program window. The program will automatically convert thejm into wave files that can be burned to a CD with your regular burning software. To create SHN files you just drag any wave files into the program window and it will convert them into SHN files which have about 30 - 50 % compression with no audible loss. It's easy - try it.