1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should aD start a Members only gaming forum?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by brad1102, Apr 30, 2004.

1. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

In the form of a poll:

Who believes that aD should start a forum for Member status users and higher, for expert, no BS threads on modding, patching and other topics requiring expert opinions and information?

Please leave input that can be easily interpolated by our moderators.

Cheers!

2. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

it wouldnt harm making a new section... but.. im not sure what boss gonna say nor what the mods say about this...

3. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

There's some pro's and con's to doing something like that. You could maybe have a channel something like "PS2 for Advanced Users" which is viewable by all but can only be posted to by Members or higher with a bust-down penalty system for those Members that might violate the rules. Not too sure how much of a benefit this would actually be to the more advanced members here as how for us regular posters it would be just one more channel to check for new posts although it would probably be a "cleaner" channel due to the lack of new users which usually break the rules early on. A system like this would possibly also make more work for moderators having to administer the membership status of users and might result in new users spamming the main threads to gain post access to the Members Only channel. In all, it might be worth a shot.

4. Velesco

Velesco Member

Man someone mustve treated you real bad when you were a n00b.

5. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

There's already 5 different forums for the Playstation 2 I don't think we need another one. If the only current Playstation 2 forum was the general discussion then yea it doesn't sound like too bad of an idea but six forums is just too many to go bouncing around in.

6. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

I retract my query. I did not know the PS2 discussion was recently expanded to 5 topics.

Thanks.