1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

should I buy a pioneer 111d ?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by biglospim, Feb 9, 2007.

1. biglospim

biglospim Guest

I was wondering if I should buy the pioneer 111d for burning games.

and if I do buy it because I already have two drives on my master and slave Ide if you could hook it up by serial ata or something?

2. mduga

mduga Regular member

this is the most popular drive for burning 360 backups. not necessary if you have a burner that can do bitsetting though. if you don't have this, then i would recommend it, since it automatically does this for you. not sure if there is a sata version or not.

i still have a 111d for sale if anyone wants. $35 shipped priority to the us excluding hawaii and alaska. private message me if interested.

3. biglospim

biglospim Guest

I actually bought one for $37, but they don't ship for like two bisiness days so I still have time to cancel it and was just wondering. I just got the samsung and I really don't want to buy another drive. I can't make backups so I guess I'll have to try it though, ya know. So I'm going to pass on the offer but thanks anyway?

4. mduga

mduga Regular member

i was just saying i had 1 i didn't need if anyone wants to buy it. i bought it off of newegg.com and it is still sealed. i bought it, not realizing that the burner i already have, automatically bitsets dvd+r to dvd-rom. i thought that was the only burner you could use when i read the guide. turns out, a lot of the dual layer dvd burners can do this either by setting it manually or flashing a new firmware or hacked firmware.

sorry for the mixup.

-duga-

5. biglospim

biglospim Guest

So you wouldn't know how to bitset manually if yours is automatic. Man, I wish i knew why mine don't work.lol
    What exactly is bitsetting and is there a way to know if mine does it or not?

6. mduga

mduga Regular member

You can bitset manually, if your burner is able to. i had a pioneer dvr-109 burner, which doesn't automatically bitset. but with the hacked 8.58 buffalo hacked firmware, it will automatically bitset the dvd+r's to dvd-rom which is what you want. i heard that this isn't even necessary anymore, with the latest flashed firmware on the hitachi 360 drives, but i have no clue if it is true or not.

best way to tell if you are able to do this is with your current drive is to go to google. type in your drive's model and bitset or booktype and hopefully you will find some info on the drive, whether you can update the firmware or flash a hacked firmware so it will automatically bitset/booktype (or at least you can set it manually). Newer drives should be able to do this. My drive is probably about 2 years old, maybe less, but i would have never thought it would have the ability to backup the xbox 360 discs. definitely worth the cost. private message me and i will attempt to help you further.

-duga-

7. biglospim

biglospim Guest

I changed the bitset and even burned three dvd but when I put them in the system it says put disc in xbox 360 system to play. I had this message come up for the first time when I was trying to play prey when I rented it and thought it was cus of scratches or something. Now I got three coasters untill I figure out whats wrong NOW !!

I actually am out of Media !! THis SUCKS !!!

The only thing I can think of is do I have to flash my 360 or something/??

I had a Globe 360 installed , I am using samsung 162C KREON .81 and changed the Bitset From DVD+R DL to DVD-ROM when I burned.

8. mduga

mduga Regular member

you might have to patch it or something with the chip installed. not sure, because my 360 is flashed with the latest garyopa firmware. i heard that for some chips you have to burn a certain way, or patch it before doing this. did you burn at 2.4x? this helps too. i would check into that.

you don't need to flash the 360 if you have this chip installed. flashing the 360 probably would have been cheaper though, since you can do that for free, unless you don't have the right hardware.

that's all i can tell you. i am betting it is that it needs to be patched, but not 100% sure on that.

good luck.
    -duga-