1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

should i buy a ps3?, i know, stupid question

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by snowbhord, Jan 18, 2007.

1. snowbhord

snowbhord Member

ok i know this is the worst question you could ask in a forum about the ps3 but im not sure if i should buy one. first of all i either want to buy a computer or a ps3 and since the ps3 runs at 3.2 ghz its a good deal. my question is, how are the current OS available for the ps3? i dont know a lot about operating systems and linux, all i know is that linux is open source and free.... sooo how are the operating systems compared to windows xp (if they can be even be compared) thanksssss alot to anyone because im sure people get sick of answering dumbass questions like mine :)

2. BAMitUp

BAMitUp Guest

Well lets get started,

PS3 vs PC

1. PS3 is made for gamers, and not OS. Thought it is possible to run a OS on it, wait for a year or until they finally develop a method of using the PS3 to it's full power. Unlike a PC, you have a plethora of games that just might suck when using it on a non-high end PC. You should be able to run everything just fine such as movies, music and photos.

2. Multimedia. In this end the PC comes out on top. PS3 supports some versions of multimeda such as .mp4, .mp3, .jpg, .gif, etc. The PC supports every single version, even ones that are not mainstream. Though I feel that the PS3 photo slideshow is off the hook, the PC would be better if your a multimedia junkie.
    PC=storage and everyday use
    PS3=share-zone, and for the looks on your 20" larger screen.

3. Gaming.. Unless you get 8800gtx for your PC matched with 680i motherboard, and 2 10000RPM Raptor harddrives, The PS3 takes the cake. Games now might be a little boring (*note i said little) but with Killzone for the PS3 coming out, i feel that i can put off looking at hot chicks for a while. ;)

PC is the good value for now, but sooner or later the PS3 will just walk all over it.

3. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

If you do not yet have a Pc I would buy a PC, I find a Pc much more usefull than a PS3, I bought my PS3 for the gameplay and use it very day... but I have my PC for everyday things,and I find my PC to be much more usefull than a Ps3!

Do you want the PC for gameing? Do you already have a PC, if so what is it like...

~Domreis

4. snowbhord

snowbhord Member

wow thanks yeah i have a pc, buts its more of a "family" computer and i dont get it all to myself, and im not into pc gaming so i could just buy a cheap ass computer and save up for the ps3 for later on. sweeeeet

5. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

I would get a PC then! Are you comftorable building your own PC? If so you could get a very good Pc for not alot of money!

6. snowbhord

snowbhord Member

yeah all i know how to do is install hard drives and dvd drives ha but ill look into that, i have a friend that built his own computer so maybe he could do it for me.

7. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

That would be good! You could get it alot cheaper in the long run!