1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

should i buy an xbox 360 now

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by joy83, Jul 2, 2007.

1. joy83

joy83 Member

i have been playing my ps2 for the last 3yrs, well i think i needed a change so i first bought an hdtv. I didnt have any intention to get a new console at that time, but now I am wondering if I should get a 360. I know it is a good system but I have also heard reports of its hardware failures, also I have heard rumors that its price is going to come down soon, if its true then should I wait for it? How easy is it to mod the 360 for playing backups?

2. elokito

elokito Regular member

hardware failures...thats true so to decrease the possibility of hardware failure (3 rings of death) make sure u buy a new one and not a used or refurbished one, about price drop i haven't heard any rumors

3. joy83

joy83 Member

thanks, i am sure to buy a new one, but even if i buy a new one there is no guarantee, what is the warranty policy with microsoft. suppose the console gets screwed 6 months after it was bought, then what do i do? and do u guys think i should wait for the holiday season till the end of this year to buy it, so that i might get it at a lower price (if the rumor is true). Also how difficult it is to backup games for the system. I have also heard that the 360 scratches a lot of discs, if thats true then I will probably backup my games. Also is a membership to xbox live gold worth getting?
    Sorry for all these questions, but I am completey new to next gen gaming and specially 360.

4. georgeluv

georgeluv Regular member

i personaly would not support a company that puts out a product that has a 33 percent failure rate. i would wait untill after christmass when the price goes down and hopefully they have a fix for the heat problem. the arenty is one year, they had to extend it from 6 months because people were burning up so many 360's. there are people who have gone through 12(!) 360s.

the xbox360 and the ps3 are both very overpriced. you are paying for bragging rights, not actualy quality.

5. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

Warranty policy 1 year
    I would get it now but its up to you
    Xbox Live is worth the $50,I havent modded my 360 because of how great Xbox Live is

6. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

i reckon u havent played on a xbox 360 until u have been on live that is the ultimate experience i was going to get my xbox flashed but my dad wouldnt let me thank god he didnt before i knew about banning. i will never flash my xbox 360 as live is the best

7. paul91

paul91 Regular member

yes its definatley worth getting an xbox 360! it really is a great machine. one thing though, avoid ebay when buying a 360 as there is a high risk of buying an xbox live banned console.

8. joy83

joy83 Member

So has anybody even heard about that price drop? is it even going to happen in the holidays?

9. joy83

joy83 Member

and what is so special about xbox live, i understand you can play online and chat with friends and download demos but what else can you do other than that.

10. elokito

elokito Regular member

thats pretty much it...

11. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

get themes.. gaer pics u wanna get it man playin online is ace until u get somebody with a laggy connection or standbyers

12. Arbiter38

Arbiter38 Regular member

get it off xpango its free :) thats how i got mine use referance number in my sig

Last edited: Jul 3, 2007
  13. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

You have to try it,its not just that its so much more.You can hear others talking about Xbox Live but until you try it you will know how great it really is