1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

should i buy dvd2one

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by cjwillie, Feb 8, 2003.

1. cjwillie

cjwillie Guest

I was about buy dvd2one but I wasnt sure if it is good or not, is the quality dvd or vcd, someone please let me know why it is so great??

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

It is extremely fast tool for re-compressing DVD-9 movies to fit on one DVD-R. For about 50% of DVD-9 discs, the stripping of extras / stuff is enough and it doesn't need to re-compress, therefor the quality is identical to the original. For rest 50%, it does the re-compressing and the quality is somewhere between SVCD and DVD, IMHO.

3. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

I concur with dRD, the software is excellent IMHO and have already got a copy. Use our guides One in this forum and the other in the Afterdawn homepage) to use the software and I am sure you won't be disappointed.

Most of my DVDs have had as good as DVD quality and one DVD-R is great for many reasons.

Paul.

4. A_Klingon

A_Klingon Moderator Staff Member

99% of the free world uses regular, normal TV sets - not 16:9 widescreen monitors, and I should think they will ALL be more than satisfied.

Later today, I will be calling RH Moore at either his home or office number, and see if there's something that can't be done about this pesky "CSS" thing, which would permit transcoding in *his* product.

-- Timothy Weizenheimer --

5. memcco

memcco Regular member

as far as DVDX Copy, i think mr moore should consider removing the ripper software. we all know how to rip and this might help with the lawsuits. as far as DVD2ONE is concerned, i love it. it's very fast, easy to use, the quality is remarkable, works every time, and it saves me tons of money. yes, BUY it....dont pirate! the creator deserves his money! mike

6. A_Klingon

A_Klingon Moderator Staff Member

It's true, memco, that removing the ripping function from DXC might give the 'big guns' a bit less ammo, but it would severly hamper the 'one-or-two' mouse-click ease that the software tries to provide. Sure, most of us in *here* know how to rip, but I strongly suspect that the Public-At-Large does not.

-- Mike --

7. Axmiller

Axmiller Member

I think its a great program as well. As for 99% That is a lil off. But I understand where you are comming from . I have a Progressive scan DVD Player and a 16:9 HDTV And most of my movies look Great on it after using DVD20NE What a Great Back up tool. The ? I have is If DVD2ONE does not have to compress the Video after stripping every thing does it still? It looks like some one said that but I just wanted to make sure.

I watched Matrix and Fight Club this morning and they both looked Great using DVD2ONE

8. train

train Member

I have used/downloaded every type of software for my projects and by far DVD2one is the best thing to use for quality and time. The price is good and it has yet to let me down on ANY DVD to date. Freeware tools are good but the time to run and understand all the options, buttons,and general stuff is very taxing on the average user.
    Oh Yea, Nothing is better than owning your own copy and getting those updates.

Take care of each other. No one else is.

9. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

No, it doesn't. Easiest way to check if DVD2One encoded the material or not is to see how much space the finished DVD layout takes. If it is exactly 4.36GB what you can fit to DVD-R, then yes, it encoded the material. If it is less than that (even slightly), then it only stripped out the unwanted stuff and kept the video as it was.