1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

should i buy swap magic

Discussion in 'PS2' started by leif24, May 10, 2004.

1. leif24

leif24 Member

how much of a hasstle is it??how many swaps are needed to play dvd backups?does anyone know if there are plans for a dvd ver.3? should i wait? i have an early ps2 with s box mod.will dvd ver.3 fix the need for cd loader. fortunantly it looks like there is only a small handull of games that need cd-loader.is that right?

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

swap magic is simple to use(load swap magic disc swap for game backup).For a list of problem games with swap magic checkout http://www.swapmagicfix.com/ and about swap magic 3 dvd there was suposed to be a version in construction but because version 2 dvd works on all ps2's the last info i found was that they had no plans to release a v3 dvd in the near future

3. billz

billz Active member

yes, Swap magic is definately the way to go for the do it yourselfer. Most games only need 1 swap and a select few need a second swap with cd loader but unless your can solder well or willing to pay someone who can get swap magic with a fliptop or no solder chip

Last edited: May 11, 2004
  4. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

swap magic is good, but can be tempremental, I use the mem card exploit to boot cd-r's because the sm3cd disk keeps going back to the browser screen, the exploit can also be used to boot dvd-r's and it works well so you don't really need to buy swap magic it just depends on whether you mind swaping a couple of times or not

5. jagger2k

jagger2k Member

i woudn't bother i wasted £20 on them, to much hastle load this then that then the other thing then ur backup an so on you might aswell invest into a mod chiphal the time it dont work and when u want to load up the cd disk it goes to the red screen saying please insert a ps2 or ps1 format game, you have to restart ur ps2 like 3 time before it loads up. DON'T BOTHER!!!!!!

6. Velesco

Velesco Member

Ive had them for about half a year now and they dont give me any problems. The cd loader thing is not that much of a hassle but does take a couple of seconds away from your life