1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I buy this?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by kmk4420, May 25, 2007.

1. kmk4420

kmk4420 Member

I am thinking of buying this set firstly because right now all I have is a regular 19" tv, and secondly because I have an Xbox 360 and would like to be able to play my games in HD.

I am wondering if this is a decent budget set for a first time HDTV buyer?

And if not could someone please tell me another TV in that price range that would be better?

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5663667

2. AlBundy

AlBundy Regular member

The tv itself is great. Its better then mine. :( But then again I am Canadian. Not so sure about the XBox 360. So if I were I would grab that tv asap. Just make sure you get a good warrenty.

3. S2K

S2K Regular member

olevia 32" with tuner is $500 ($450 with 10% coupon) at Circuit city this weekend. There is also an excellent olevia 32 without tuner for $400 from fry's/outpost this weekend. They are going to be way better than emerson. just look around prices are very good all around. don;t buy an emerson when better sets can be had with a little price research at slickdeals.net or fatwallet.com.

also never ever buy a warranty on a sub $1000 set. it is the biggest rip off. If a tv (which has no moving parts) lasts for the first month it is extraordinarily rare to have a problem before the set is way eclipsed by much better cheaper electronics.