1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I Get a 360?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by aj174, Jun 1, 2007.

1. aj174

aj174 Regular member

I'm really interested in getting one, but not sure if its worth it. I researched and I found out that there are a lot of hardware issues with it. One, it can overheat and give you this "three lights of death". Two, if you tilt it by accident while playing, your disc will scratch. Three, it overheats very easily and can cause problems.

Now I'm not sure if I should get it or not. But what will help are answers to a few of my questions since many of you own a 360.

How often does this three lights of death show up? Why does it happen? What can you do to prevent this from happening?

If I don't modify the system in anyway, would there still be a possibility of me getting banned from xbox live?

Would it be better to keep it in a room upstairs where in summer time it usually gets hot, or leave it in the basement, where it is cool all year long?

I heard there are problems with the Nyko Intercoolers. Is there another cooler that you don't need to share the same power with the 360? Would it help if I just get a normal fan and direct it on the system?

Thank you for answering. :)

2. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

its worth it all the way, the newer consoles dont have the red lights of death as much. unless you have some pirated music on your hard drive then you wont get banned if you dont mod it. the best way to keep it cool is to open it and put a new fan in it but if you want to keep the warranty just keep it in a cool place, such as your basement.

3. aj174

aj174 Regular member

Pirated music??? How can they tell the difference if the music is ripped from a CD or downloaded from Limewire? What exactly do you mean by pirated music? Thanks though.