1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I get a Matrix Infinity Chip, or a DMS3 chip?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by balzaK, Jun 4, 2004.

1. balzaK

balzaK Member

I've narrowed it down to one of those two. Basically, what can one chip do that the other one can't? Has anyone experianced any problems with either? Also, wich version of these chips should I get? I think I have a V4 or V5 PS2. THANK YOU!

2. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

they both do good... but they lack one anothers on the DO lists...

like the dms has the ability to play ps1 game w/o restarting while the matrix resets the ps2 auto and boots the game

or the disable chip just by pressing start while booting the ps2 in the matrix..

or fast boots in the dms...

or disable macrovision in matrix

the list goes on dude... they both do good but its up to you to pick... dms3 is cheaper specialy the for the older models of the ps2... while the matrix is not cheap... so if its a matter of price pick the cheaper... if its a matter of whos better well dude they BOTH good... so pick ^_^

3. gdogg

gdogg Member

I'm stuck in between the two modchips aswell. The DMS really requires a professional because of so many complaints about errors while loading due to the way the wires are grounded. With the Matrix Infinity, it really doesn't require an expert; any novice can pretty much do it his/herself(I've read). If you do consider the DMS, look for a premoddified(from someone with a good reputation and or good feedback from previous customers), but if you rather have the Matrix consider having a pro installing it unless you've done soldering yourself before.While making your decision ask yourself wich is worth it. Good luck.

4. balzaK

balzaK Member

Ahhhh, you guys aren't helping!

Just kidding. But seriously, there are no big differences between features? I heared the DMS3 chip can play PAL games, and the Matrix cannot...?

5. bmgdbz

bmgdbz Regular member

I've been planing on getting a premoded console for awhile now but havn't got around to it yet.I have narrowed it down to the dms3 and the matrix infinity too, and i dont know wich to get.I heard that the dms3 also supports ALL pc HDDs while the matrix does not im not sure if thats true thow.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2004
  6. ocyl

ocyl Member

Matrix Infinity (http://www.infinitymod.com/cgi-bin/matrix/site.pl?page=chip_infinity) has auto boot, DMS 3 (http://www.dms3.com/cgi-bin/dms3/site.pl?page=specifications) doesn't. Matrix Infinity has both Stealth Mode (modchip can be switched off and becomes invisible to online gaming) and Sleep Mode (modchip will automatically switch itself off after boot), while DMS 3 only has Stealth Mode. The price difference between the two is only about $1 ~ $2 now.

Hope this helps :)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2004
  7. daPhoenix

daPhoenix Guest

Not true ocyl. The DMS3 has that feature also. As a matter of fact ever chip since the magic 3.1 and messiah 2 have had that feature. And also to balzak, you are correct. The DMS3 can play PAL games on an NTSC machine using the new 2.2 firmware upgrade. I consider this a HUGE advantage over the Matrix. Especially if you like those winning 11 games that are so popular.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] "From the ashes, comes the GamePhoenix......"[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2004
  8. ocyl

ocyl Member

Which feature and which PAL games are we talking about here, daPhoenix ;) ?

9. daPhoenix

daPhoenix Guest

I said the name of the game. Its a series of games actually called Winning Eleven. They are soccer games. And i am talking about the sleep mode feature. That has been an industry standard feature since the Magic 3.1 messiah 2 days.

10. ocyl

ocyl Member

Japanese/Original/NTSC version of Winning 11 @ http://www.konamityo.com/we/game/we7inter/

Yes but with DMS 3, you will need to manually hold the key. (It's called "Stealth Mode" with Matrix Infinity, in addition to its "Sleep Mode.")

Last edited: Jun 7, 2004
  11. psx245

psx245 Regular member

DMS3 is the way to go!!!

12. daPhoenix

daPhoenix Guest

DMS3 is the dominator and the originator. the Ifinity is a damn good chip, but it is based on DMS3 standard features.

13. THERACON

THERACON Member

Now I got a crisis...what chip to get....

Pal Game feature that could be easily fixed I would think.

Im gonna ask the seller I am inquiring about.

14. THERACON

THERACON Member

Im getting a V9 Modified will that be able to play PAL Games or is it the chip not the console that is the technical issue?

15. THERACON

THERACON Member

COrrection this is the console im thinking of getting

Premodded PS2 PLUS (50001) with Matrix Infinity

Will the latest PS2 version make a difference in playing PAL games or not?
    Just checking... got about a month of shopping left.

16. daPhoenix

daPhoenix Guest

Its the chip that makes the difference. If you want to and are planning on playing PAL games then you most definitly want the DMS3.

17. psx245

psx245 Regular member

DMS3 all the way.

18. daPhoenix

daPhoenix Guest

How much are they charging for that DMS3 premod?

19. THERACON

THERACON Member

279 for the DMS3 another place 249

Im gonna ask the seller about the pal games see if he knows.... about the Pal Games thing. Or see what he says...

It could be a quick fix you never know...

It is flash upgradeable. I doubt the infinity will never be able to play

20. bmgdbz

bmgdbz Regular member

Where did you find the DMS3 premodded at $249?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2004