1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I get a V5/6 or a V9?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by tantr0x, Jan 7, 2005.

1. tantr0x

tantr0x Member

Looking for some advice here please, I'm about to purchase my first PS2 and have been offered two by friends, both in similar condition and both the same price. One is a V5/6, the other a V9.

From what I can understand after reading other posts, the only real difference is that the V9 fan is quieter, is that correct? I'll be installing a HD to whichever console I purchase, should that have any impact on which one I pick?

Finally, does anyone have a link to a page that lists UK release dates for the different versions? I'd like to check roughly how old each console is!

Thanks in advance for any help!

2. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

I, myself have a V.5 PS2, you say you wish to install a HD? If you want to mod it I suggest you go with a V.5

3. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

I, myself have a V.5 PS2, you say you wish to install a HD? If you want to mod it I suggest you go with a V.5.

As for the dates..hmm. I got mines xmas - 2002

4. tantr0x

tantr0x Member

Thanks for the feedback, is there any particular reason why the V5 would be better suited to the HD?

5. punx777

punx777 Regular member

id say a version 9....its newer right?