1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I get the NEC ND-1100A burner?

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by j4k3, Jan 11, 2004.

1. j4k3

j4k3 Member

I just saw a really REALLY cheap one for $70 + $8 s&h and I've always wanted one.

Any of you guys have this burner? Any pros/cons?

Thanks.

2. safc_66

safc_66 Regular member

I've had this drive for nearly a year, now. Not had any problems with it whatsoever. Been great for dvd, ps2, etc. Not too picky with blank media, But the main reason i chose this drive was 'cos at the time i couldn't afford the Pioneer -/+ 106, bearing in mind i paid £140 for the NEC !!!!! All in all, no regrets at all, but when it dies, i'm going for Pioneer, about £85 now !!

Dene

3. rotorhead

rotorhead Member

I've had mine 7 months...burned over 110 blanks and only one coaster out of the lot. Had problems with a couple of brands burning at their supposed 4x but would burn fine at 2.5.

I haven't had any problem playing the backups on my Sony standalone or anyone elses for that matter. I too though will get the Pioneer A06 when this one dies....the cost of +R over -R is still significant.

4. safc_66

safc_66 Regular member

Rotorhead- the cost of + over - isn't an issue for me, been grabbing 2.4x Datawrite silvertops at computer fair for £15 per 25 spindle, making them 60p per disc. Not one coaster out of 100+.Use 'em for both movies & ps2 games.