1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I get the new Samsung instead of the SH-D163A?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by RazorFL, Nov 19, 2007.

1. RazorFL

RazorFL Guest

Hey guys, I know that there is a new Samsung drive out with Kreon 1.0 installed? I bought the Kreon v.80 SH-D163A (haven't gotten yet), should I buy the new one instead? Thanks for the help.

2. duzmi

duzmi Member

If your current drive works, then no, it's pointless. You can very easily update your current drive to v1.0 if you wish. You just need to get hold of kreons alternative firmware v1.0 ( just make sure you use the right one for your drive - there are versions for SH-D136A, SH-D136B,SH-D126C and SH-D126D).
    Once you have that, turn off your pc, hook up the samsung drive on it's own as 'master'- then flash the firwmare. Shut down your pc,put your optical drives back as they were noting jumper settings if you had to change it and that's it, done.
    Seems daft to buy a new drive.

3. duzmi

duzmi Member

Sorry to double post, can't seem to edit. The numbers are the wrong way round, doh! should be SH-D163A, SH-D163B,SH-D162C and SH-D162D).

4. RazorFL

RazorFL Guest

Hey Duzmi, thanks bud for the help!! I bought it off E-bay and hasn't been shipped yet, so was wondering if I should just sell it and get the newer one. I will do exactly what you said, have a good one. Do you think xbins will have the newer Kreon 1.0 software? If not, where would you look?

5. duzmi

duzmi Member

Yep , the one you need was released on October 9th, so I dare say it's available other places as well now :)

6. sourD

sourD Regular member

that drive will be 100% identical to the newest model. They work just fine. Install it and you'll be in good shape for years.

7. RazorFL

RazorFL Guest

Thanks dude, i was thinking the new one was a lot better or something