1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I leave my PS2 unplugged when not in use?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by lib, Feb 8, 2005.

1. lib

lib Guest

Curious, I ordered the SLimTool for my PS2. right now its still in the mail. I have a PS2 Slim line.. I have been reading that you should Unplug your PS2 when its not in use? Right now I leave it plugged in, I just shut it off using its power button. So you still see a red light on the front? Is it bad to do this. does it burn the laser out or somthing?

2. rafer11

rafer11 Member

It says exactly what to do in the first page of the booklet that comes with the ps2 i think. I mean, if your not gonna play it for a little you can leave it plugged in, but if you are going to bed, why not unplug it, it only takes a second. Last thing you want to find out is that there was a lightning storm in the middle of the night, and your ps2 is shot. I always unplug mine, because its quicker than holding in the button for 2 seconds.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

use a surge protector on all you electronic, first off. that way you have no worries about getting zapped by lightning. I always do two things, i never leave a disc in the drive when i'm done. and i always turn it off in the back rather than just putting it is standby mode by pressing and holding the power switch. And i have never had a problem with mine, i never unplug it though.

4. MrToast

MrToast Guest

Well... I would say that you can leave your playstation on all the time. Its known that what weakens electronics is the on/off surge that your get when you turn things on... My ps2 have been on for about a year as has all my other electronics... computer included... If you get into high end audio equipment they actually tell you to leave things on so as not to degrade the transformer. Wires like everything else can get "habits" and sometimes they can be a bad thing. One sure fire way to burn out your electronics is to turn them on and off a bunch. There is also no need to unplug anything, UL rates all electronics to make sure they are safe. But thats just me...