1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should i Update to IE7?

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by Xenokai, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

Ok i donno where this belongs so i posted it here sorry. Anyway i have Internet Exsplorer 6 and i was wondering if i should get IE7? I noticed on all the picture of IE7 that there is no edit option on the top to access cut or copy. Some website wont let you right click and copy text and that is the only way to do it. So is there a way to get that option in IE7? Is it worth updating? btw i dont care much about tabs my pc can handle many IE6 windows xD

2. Sandwich1

Sandwich1 Guest

I can't see why you shouldn't. I have it and it's (in my personal opinion) better than the previous IE.

3. Halen5150

Halen5150 Regular member

Even though have heard good things about IE7; if I were you; I'd just go ahead and get the latest version of firefox

-it's more stable

-more secure

-..and simply faster

...and it'll be able to do much more since you get the choices of adding on your own themes; extensions; etc...

...give it a try, you'll like it;)

--Just my 2 cents

4. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

IE7 has disabled more than one program that embeds Internet Explorer. If you want tabs, use Firefox. IE7 offers nothing but problems.

5. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

thanks ill keep IE6 then

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum as has nothing to do with hardware. stay with ie6 because if update to ie7 then might not be able to connect to ney. seen that with legal & non-legal xp.

7. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

I have a 100% legal copy of windows and no matter what IE7 wont bring up any web pages, do a search, etc. I hate it and will never install it again.

8. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

IE7 thought it was a fun idea to force my firewall to turn off, and it messed with my Azureus, µtorrent and Grabit...
    Not to mention it caused connection problems, and wouldn't even connect to the windows update page 9/10 times.
    I'd say stay FAR away from it.

9. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

Ok thanks guys i always thought it would be super buggy. My windows is 100% legal but im not taking any chance. What annoys me is when i goto the update page to get required windoes updates it show IE7 but i just unselect it but still its annoying. -_-

10. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

but did you put a check mark in for not showing again?