1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

should i update?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by paul91, Aug 10, 2007.

1. paul91

paul91 Regular member

i recently signed in to xbox live on my modded console (still unbanned) and it tries to install a new console update.

is it safe to install this update even though i am still unbanned?

cheers

2. sub07

sub07 Regular member

I don't know.

3. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

I think the updates are safe, but you might be being logged without the updates installed, so whether or not the updates are on your system does not make a difference, microsoft may have already logged your 360 to be banned, this could happen when they next issue the bans, not trying to scare you or anything, its just how they play their cards.

4. paul91

paul91 Regular member

sub07 - thanks for your very helpful answer....

lilg - basically your saying 'do what u want, but eventually your gona get banned' lol

thanks anyway :)

Last edited: Aug 13, 2007
  5. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

LOL, no, thats not what Im saying, what Im saying is it safe to install the update, as the update is not involved in logging your xbox 360 or anything, the conslusion to how bannings have been made by microsoft is that we were logged well before the update over a period of time, but Microsoft only initiated the bans at a particular time, we dont know if they are still able to tell if the consoles are modified or not, but if they can tell, and they purposely did not ban everyone at once, then it is possible that they could have logged a few more keys.

Put it this way, YOU are safe to install the update, but keep up to date by checking out forums so that you know when its safe and not safe to go on live, or install particular updates, all updates at the moment are safe, as they do not do anything.

6. paul91

paul91 Regular member

thanks for clearing that up ;)