1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should i wait or buy?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by MidnightJ, Apr 8, 2007.

1. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

I am just wondering if it would be a good idea to pre-order a Xbox 360 Elite. Or wait til the fall when it comes standard in the Xbox 360. The Elite seems kind of like a dedicated Xbox fan item to me. Not sure if it would be a good idea to get it as my first Xbox or not.

2. theridges

theridges Guest

its all up to you...
    us over at the Mod/hack Scene wouldn't get it because it cant be hacked at the moment...but if you want it that bad then get it...

3. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

Well i don't want it too badly, just i really don't want to buy a high end gaming PC.

4. andersg

andersg Regular member

Other than it not neing hack-able is there any other downsides to the Xbox 360 Elite so far?

5. Sandwich1

Sandwich1 Guest

Nope!.....You never know...Maybe MS will be putting parts from broken 360 sent to them into the elite, (like the DVD drive, fans, etc.).

6. steimy

steimy Active member

wait a while, you will not know what problems the system has until after people have it a few months.

7. andersg

andersg Regular member

Thats what I plan on doing. I wish you didn't have to pay for IPTV capabilities too.

By the way, can someone explain what exactly the new HDMI port does? Does it just allow you to plus in digital cameras and things like that?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2007
  8. Kasper45

Kasper45 Member

HDMI is just one cable for the purest sound and digital picture quallity. If you don't have a TV that can take HDMI then it's kinda pointless to spend the money on the cable for it or the extra money for the Elite. Once I upgrade my TV, then I will consider purchasing or pre-ordering the new Elite 360. Majority of PS3 owners don't use the systems full output capibillites. I'm sure they are all saving for LCD/Plasma/LASER (2008) TV's.

9. andersg

andersg Regular member

In your guys' opinion what should I do?

1. I have a very limited budget
    2. I don't have a noticably large TV (19 inch in my room, I think)
    3. I dont got a HDTV
    4. I have no way of using the Xbox 360's IPTV thing unless I wanna pay it myself. (refer to #1)

I can't see me buying a HDTV in the near future cause I am still 15

Should I just spend the extra money and buy the Elite or save it and stick with the regular premium version? I can't decide

10. Kasper45

Kasper45 Member

I say wait for the Elite to come out.............which in turn should drive the price of a normal prem 360' down to reasonable budget price. Anybody will tell ya, don't get the Core editon, spend the extra $99 for the wireless controller and Harddrive. Goodluck man.

11. andersg

andersg Regular member

Nahh, I wasn't even considering the Core one. I never thought about the price of the premium lowering after the Elite comes out. I might end up just stickin with the premium afterall.

12. Sandwich1

Sandwich1 Guest

You get a HDMI cable with the Elite. ;)

13. steimy

steimy Active member

well, to tell the truth, unless you are getting a Hi-Def TV with at the very least component cable inputs then i would not even bother with a 360 as you will not get what you should out of it.

1. you can buy the Elite but it will cost you a bundle, currently can not be modded and the larger hard drive and HDMI would be pretty usless on a 19" TV that doesn't have at least high end inputs for component, VGA or HDMI. And even then the picture on a 19" is so small (trust me i have a 20" i played mine on once) that you can not get the true feel of how good the 360 picture is.

14. theridges

theridges Guest

HDMI Cables are the only way to get 1080 HD Resolution if you dont have a TV that supports 1080 then really there is no need for the Elite...
    the Component Cables Give 720 Resolution....
    other than the HDMI and 120 GB HD the Elite is not at good a normal premium and you cant mod the benq drives in them so i wouldn't get one...
    if you like a black case you can get an XCM Case which look better IMO...

15. andersg

andersg Regular member

I could live without the black case. I wouldn't spend more money on top of the price of the Premium console just for a black case. I will wait and see if the price drops on the Premium

16. zero129

zero129 Member

Going by what you said you have no need to spend the extra money on the elite.

If i was you just pick up a 360 Premium, and don't wait, as MS has said themselfs they will not be lowering the price of the 360 once the elite is released.

But the is a good chance the could be a price cut around Oct/Nov imo, so if you want to wait until then thats up to you.

But the will not be a price cut for when the elite launches.