1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

show some respect.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by SoCalSRH, Oct 30, 2003.

1. SoCalSRH

SoCalSRH Regular member

ok guys and gals... some people on here are totally destroying a legitimate forum and an entire scene. afterdawn is a GREAT source for information on many different topics. i, personally have recieved so many helpful and friendly replies from users on these boards, and i try to do the same. i have been seeing too many people totally ignoring the rules of these forums... (i.e. talking about illegal downloading, etc.) this is not the forum for that. i am sure that afterdawn does not want to be affiliated with users of illegal activities. it's the FEW LAMERS that reside on these forums that have no right to recieve any information that could be used illegally as they are not responsible enough to have such information. i respect all the legitimate users of this forum, it's those that abuse the privilege to backup their original games that burns everyone and a legitimate cause. i am sure i am not alone when i say "lamers... you're killing it." keep your illegal activities off these forums.

2. DMW

DMW Regular member

wooooooo, yayyyyy, 3 cheers, I couldnt agree more mate!! Well said.

3. pas2mania

pas2mania Regular member

4. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Now only if others would understand this.

5. baabaa

baabaa Active member

SoCalSRH

Are you running for presidency, just abolish taxes ASWELL and you have my vote......here here.........

Very well put, it is unfortunate that the minority of people continue to abuse the services that this great site offers and like Oner stated
    It only takes a min to read the forum rules (not as if they are complicated).......taking a little time to read is such a benefit......after all you wouldn't just take out a loan without reading the small print first would you........

6. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

well, as much as i respect what you're trying to say here.......you gotta admit that alot of the "legitimate" users are probably doing some illegal stuff too.

i mean, take the "backups" for example.......i mean it's quite obvious that lots of people are not gonna be making "backups" but making "copies".....there's no point trying to deny this......i think that as long as they talk about things in a sensible way, and don't just go blaring some blatently illegal stuff, people should try and help eachother out.

i mean when people come in asking wjhy they can't get an illegal downloaded game to work in their unmodded ps2....yes that's fairly fusking annoying, and these people are stupid if they expect help......

but i'm just saying that alot of people who are "copying" gamnes, either from mates or from rentals or whatever, they come in here quite politely and ask for help, and as long as they don't blatently say "I'm try to COPY this game from my mate so that i don't have to buy it", i think people should help.....

having said all that, whenever i have come here, i have been very happy with the help i have received, and have found this board to be quite friendly......so i'm not complaining, just think that we should realise how widespread the "copying" is.......

7. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Before this goes any further (and possibly into an arguement). aD CANNOT condone ANY form of Piracy.

This is also Piracy and if a member describes that they are doing this the are to be held responsible. Lets not "play down" the making of these forms of Piracy legitimate in any way by saying

This is exactly the opposite point that everyone here is trying to make.