1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shrek2 for ps2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by jerome29, May 14, 2004.

1. jerome29

jerome29 Member

Does anyone successfully made a backup copy of Shrek2 for Ps2? I have made a lot of backup games before psone , ps2, movies but this game for some reason it will start at the very beginning but then it will ask for Ps format cd. Im thinking maybe this game is protected for some reason but how? Im using Recordnow software

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

if you are using swap magic to boot your backup then this game requires the use of cd loader(as it has double check) which can be downloaded from swapmagic fix

3. jerome29

jerome29 Member

thanks, can i use nero or record now to burn this fix instead of alcohol120

4. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

yes you can burn it with nero

5. account

account Guest

you can burn it with using almost all programs that can make dvd image files and burn them.

6. jerome29

jerome29 Member

for dvd fix do i need to burn it to a dvdr and cdr for cd fix

7. jerome29

jerome29 Member

also can i put more than 1 fix on one disc

8. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

if you are going to use cd loader then it requires burning to cdr.
    only one cdloader to a disc and all you need is depending on your version of ps2 is either cd loader for the v1-6 ps2 or cd loader v7 all for v7+ ps2's

9. jerome29

jerome29 Member

Can you guys tell me how to burn it, I tried it using record dx, didnt work, I dont know how the setup of burning this cdloaders. Needs a little help, I have a nero 5.0 cd burner, veritas record now, roxio and dvd decrypter.This is the first time im gonna do this. thanks

10. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

what happened when you tried to boot cd loader with swap magic cd

11. jerome29

jerome29 Member

i put my swap dvd, then when it says insert cd i eject it manually with the palstic tool and put my cdloader and push it manually and nothing happens after that, it still says insert cd. I dont know if i burned my cdloader the right way

12. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

ok try this way:-
    1.insert swapmagic [bold]cd[/bold] and allow to boot
    2.swap for cd loader by flip/slide press x
    3.cd loader should now boot(if you have a v7+ ps2 then press x now to enter sub menu scroll up/down and select the5v3 no pn option press x)
    4.press eject and swap for swap magic dvd press eject again to send in
    5.wait for it to say ps2 dvd in lower left of tv when that appears press x
    6.when the change game by ea method appears swap for backup by flip/slide press x
    7. your backup should now boot

13. abc_sos

abc_sos Member

Gents,

I have the same problems with the same game -shrek2-"it will start at the very beginning but then it will ask for Ps format cd".

My environment is a bit different then above. I have a PS2, v.7 with a messiah pro modchip. I backed up the game with DVD decrypter. Other DVD based games that I backed up (the same way) play just fine.

Thanks for any info!

14. jerome29

jerome29 Member

OK i finally used trial version of alc120% followed instructions and got to where dvd game starts but then i after that all i see is pink and yellow screen and got stuck there

15. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

ok let's go back to basics what version ps2 do you have?what type of dvdr media are you using?what brand of media?what burn speed did you use?which version of cd loader did you download?

16. sosotiit

sosotiit Member

Kids here have a PS2 v7 with a magic (or messiah not sure) mod. I had this exact problem with the shrek 2 backup. If you happen to have this setup, this will help you. If not you may be able to adapt it.

Solution is the same as all games with double check, you need to reactivate the mod at the right time.
    Same as splinter cell, ...

Usual method: during the dreamworks or activision screen at the start press eject twice with just enough time in between for the tray to start opening and reclose immediately. Press X at about the same time as you press eject for the seconf time (to close). It will freeze for about 15 sec and then go on with the game. (if you get the screen with the memory card you pressed too late)

Kids way: The kids found another method that works with this particular game (first time I see this work!!!). Remove the disk, reset the PS2 open the tray, put the disk and close. The game goes thru the double check without problem and I do not know why!!
    (do not start with a reset and the disk in, then you get the pink screen requesting a ps2 formatted disk)

Hope this helps you,

17. abc_sos

abc_sos Member

sosotiit,

I've got a configuration similar to yours, so when I read your post, I rushed to the playstation to try it and it worked the first time around.

My kids will be really excited tomorrow. They'll get to try and test the game.

Thanks a million on behaf of my kids. You guys are great!

18. jerome29

jerome29 Member

sosotit, I tried your method. It took me a while to get it right but then when I finally got the dreamworks screen to freeze up it got stuck there I was waiting for about 5 minutes nothing happens.

19. sosotiit

sosotiit Member

Jerome,
    it depends on the type of mod chip you have. In my case the trigger to reactivate the modchip is the eject button (which obviously after the start freezes the game). Dependending on yourchip you may have a different trigger.

Maybe try waiting until it gets in the activision screen, try eject, press X , eject again (to close).
    then you can press x a few time.

Play with the timing of the X button sooner or later.

Let me know, curious to see,

20. jerome29

jerome29 Member

Ill try thanks