1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shrink 3.0 b5 prob Still too big...

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by FlthyChry, Aug 18, 2003.

1. FlthyChry

FlthyChry Guest

If I set the ratio so that the green bar is at 4.1 gig it seems the files add up to alot more. When using Nero 6 to burn to a DVD-R I still can't put all the movie files on let alone the menu files etc.
    Just doesn't seem to shrink it enough.
    Anyone know a workaround or what I'm doing wrong?
    Thanks.

2. FlthyChry

FlthyChry Guest

ReAuthor maybe? But why is it too big to begin with. In that case I'd want to shrink it less and then make the movie fit the DVD-R after with a better ratio. No?

3. FlthyChry

FlthyChry Guest

Ah well one burn Nero says the disc is done but the writer that burned it says its dirty, and so does the standalone I tried it on. Next burn I got a write error from Nero at 4 times, so I tried another at 2 times, which worked fine. Well except there's no sound. I checked off all the audio files during the Shrink processing except an English AC3-2channel. I guess that wasn't such a good idea...

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

What is the outputted size of the DVD Shrink DVD Rip? Is it less than 4300MB? If so it will burn. check the links in my signature for burning tips!

5. FlthyChry

FlthyChry Guest

It's not Shrink but Nero that's causing the problem. If I use Nero Express Vision and drop the vob files for the movie in they add up to more than 4.5, but if I use Nero Burn ROM it fits perfectly.
    Sorry. I'm not sure what the diff is between these two apps are (I'm in the trail mode and considering purchasing it), but obviously Burn Rom is the one to use.
    Thanks

6. FlthyChry

FlthyChry Guest

I do have Sonic/MyDVD/RecordNowDX that came with the Lite-On, but never really checked it out as I came here and began installing all these rippers and apps. Nero 6 is doing the job though I'm open to suggestions as far as any better or more flexible programs... I mean, eventually I'm going to actually know what it is I'm actually doing and I'm going to want to get into the more esoteric functions etc.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2003
  7. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Ah right, good old Nero Express lol. I and a lot of other people will tell you that Nero Express is a piece of Sh*t when it comes to nurning DVD's. You need to be using the Burning ROM version. I personlly prefer the Record Now Deluxe version!

8. FlthyChry

FlthyChry Guest

Well I'm only using Nero because I heard about it here and am trying the trial version. Would there be any quality diff between the 2? I suppose I'd have to upgrade from the DX software that came with the Lite-On writer...

9. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

10. FlthyChry

FlthyChry Guest

Didn't see a Trial version there...

11. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Search about as a lot of people have gotten one from there, unless of course they have discontinued the trial.