1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shrink 3.1 working just awesome for me

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Sickman1, Feb 18, 2005.

1. Sickman1

Sickman1 Guest

im really new to all of this. i bought an aaopen burner double layer using Maxell dvd-r. did about 15 discs so far no problems. using Nero 6 that came with my burner and havent had a glitch yet. was able to do the Green Mile with extra's. thats a long movie. 3 hours. no problems! Nero burns at 12x speed and i havent heard any problems from that. Now I just need to figure out the double disc and im set. (for Braveheart) yes its old but still classic. im going to try my luck with Saw tommarow. crossing fingers.

2. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

I'm happy for you. But just what possessed you to post this in the advanced users forum?

3. DSYF3R

DSYF3R Regular member

He was just so happy hed had to tell someone :)

4. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

you realise that the latest version of dvd shrink is 3.2.0.15?? it has some advanced enconding features useful for movies with high compression
    Also, most people advise burning at 4x, any more and you WILL, not might, get errors eventually.
    Braveheart 2nd disc only contains special features, back it up as you would a normal disc. I wouldnt try to join the two as it will result in a movie with way too much compression.
    To remove extras, use dvd shrink re-author function and drag the [bold]main movie[/bold] from right window to left, then back up

5. Sickman1

Sickman1 Guest

im sorry about the wrong section to post in. I didnt realize... no he just a she here. Well, im glad to hear that braveheart is just extra's on disc 2 Im waiting for that to be available at the store. I tried Saw but no luck. I used anydvd? something. I just cant figure it out yet. Dvd decypher stopped on me. so...whats the deal here, nobody can burn the latest movies? Im sure if we all wait another month or so there will be a way. but what Id like to know is what generation of new releases are hard to burn? this month's, last months? last few months?
    well, at least I can get my latest xbox games for $1.87
    onto my 120 hd :0

6. Sickman1

Sickman1 Guest

wait a minute maybe im just talking out of my ass@#$% here and ive stepped out of line. Maybe all movies are burnable unless your boob like me. Somebody at the digital video forum used shrink.2.3 without any problems. im going to figure it out. Soooooooory.

7. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Sickman we can burn ALL THE NEW MOVIES LOL your gonna have to learn how ,your will need the lastest verison of dvd shrink dvd decrypter and any dvd or region+css running in the background to do the newer movies. good luck and slow your burn speed down to 4x also less costers that way and use good blank media as in ..Taiyo Yuden...Ritek..TDK...Sony...Verbatim..Ty being the best hun..and oh yeah memorex is pretty much junk!!

8. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

....and don't forget the obvious, search these forums where you will find your answers, and don't forget the like of google. My personal rules are search, search, then search some more. When you have tried the many suggestions you have found, only then ask the question.
    I should know i had to self-teach myself Solaris & Veritas in my job. :)

9. Sickman1

Sickman1 Guest

Kudos......Kudos to me. I sat up for the latter part of the morning trying to figure out "SAW". maybe I should just leave you all in suspense. No..im not going to. anyways ran the deep anaylsis on my E: drive...failed at 56%. brand new movie??? cleaned it with some screen cleaner that i had laying around. threw it back in...same thing. I said screw it im off to bed. well, got back up and browsed some threads trying to figure out ideas....did it again for sheets and giggles this time it got to 96% failed...the reduadancy check...ok what the heck? 96%!!!! i was like WTF? so, decided to make my burner the reader instead. what happens??? a perfect copy. i also downloaded newest version of shrink( before i loaded the disc thru my burner) I was getting some really fast rates. 106 was the fastest. then it hit the lowest at 17 i was like noooooo. but when it dropped down to 17 thats when it was around the time it failed on me the first time. but i dont know i dont care im just glad that i figured it out. it probably wrecked my burner but i dont know what else to say except i have a copy of it....thanx for falling asleep while reading this now WAKE UP...:)now you can all flame me with what i did wrong or should have done better
    thanks

10. ecoughli

ecoughli Member

Forget the movie "SAW", I haven't been able to get past encryption with anydvd or dvd decrytor. They made it so it can't be effectively backed up.

11. ashroy01

ashroy01 Regular member

what are these problems with saw? Shrink worked first shot v3.2.0.15

12. ecoughli

ecoughli Member

Thanks....Shrink now working on my SAW dvd. It worked when anydvd deactivated itself for this dvd...prior to that it would not. Thanks for the verification that it worked for you...made me keep trying till it worked.

13. Sickman1

Sickman1 Guest

at first i didnt know what you all were using. dvd burner or dvd player or cd.rom.? so, I just used my burner and "Saw" burnt just fine. then i thought im so stupid because some people may not have dvd rom they just use there burner. it doesnt matter i guess I'll buy another one if the burner fails.
    but im glad you got "Saw". i just got anchorman and envy the other day.

14. babelfish

babelfish Regular member

most burners are actually better at reading that normal dvd-rom drives... unless you get a liteon one - they rip anything REALLY fast! and can read disks that my nec 2510a cant!

15. Sickman1

Sickman1 Guest

i was looking at the liteon's but i bought the Aopen one instead just because i had a video card of there's once. I think its super fast. quite as well.

16. Higgsbsun

Higgsbsun Regular member

NEC burners are fabled as crappy readers, I have one and therefore also have a LiteOn rom drive for everyday ripping. The absolute best reader I've ever used is a Panasonic DVD-RAM drive, that drive will read disks that my LiteOns and Plextors won't touch. Scratched, smeared, crappy media, bad burn, the Panasonic has always came through when all others failed. Mind you, at 1.5X max read speed, it's definitely a last resort.

17. twentz

twentz Guest

for Saw i took the compression down alittle so your not using the entire disc i just used 99% instead of 100% and it made the back up fine

18. RedAnt

RedAnt Regular member

I have been using Lite-On DVD drives for years and have always had great success with them as readers. There Dvd-rw and CD-RW drives are also very good and you can't knock there prices.

19. mufin_man

mufin_man Member

I have been hearing that DVD Shrink is not compatible with the latest movie encoding scheme. Also, I understand that the latest version (July 2004) is the last version ever.

After reading the above info, I started using thr latest version of DVD Decrypter to rip movies, as it is compatible with the latest encoding scheme, and then I use DVD Shrink to burn the ripped files.

I had run into some problems with DVD Shrink burning Movie DVDs earlier this year and found the about mentioned info on this board. Did I get bad info and what is the current status of DVD Shrink ?

20. wild77

wild77 Guest

The person who created Shrink is now working with Nero Recode2.I always use Decrypter to rip to my hard drive that gives me the option of choosing which program to use to compress/encode.