1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shrink 3.2 locks my computer at exit!

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by keshav, May 30, 2007.

1. keshav

keshav Member

Does anyone know why my computer locks-up when I close DVD Shrink 3.2. I mean it works fine, does compression and all that it is suppose to. I tried the older version works fine (v1.7)? I am using it with Windows XP and ATI Radeon X Pro 1650.

2. FFsp42

FFsp42 Regular member

Just a long shot, but check your memory status. I wouldn't burn a DVD with less than 15 gigs of free memory available. If this occurs after you burn a disc, and you are low on memory, it may cause instability on your system. Also, close down any unnecessary programs, like antivirus, antispyware, etc. Finally, defrag your HDD and clean up your system. Certain programs like CCleaner do good. Find it here: http://www.ccleaner.com.
    Hope any of this helps.

3. keshav

keshav Member

4. keshav

keshav Member

I figured it out - It was the Damn ATI Radeon 1650 Pro Video card, once you've installed the included Catalyst Software, you cannot uninstall it, and if for some reason you have to uninstall it !@#$ happens. In this case I had to disable the secondary video to make DVD Shrink to work, because the secondary video was occupying two IRQs. So I had to uninstall Catalyst and guess what I had to pullout all the remaining hair from my head, which were left after trying to installing Catalyst! I had to re-formating the hard drive and re-install the OP System and install everything else including a NEW Video Card (e-GeForce 7300GT)