1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shrink 3.2 problem

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by peepers, Mar 8, 2005.

1. peepers

peepers Member

Hey guys,
    I've installed the newest version of shrink and the problem I'm having is that the preview screen does not work. It works fine on the older version.
    I like to use it to know which title pages i can cut out or keep.
    Anyone else having this problem?
    Also, if I use DVD decrypter to of course decrypt and then use Shrink to Shrink, then I will essentially have two different movie files, correct?
    The problem with that is I have limited space on my hard drive. Is it possible to decrypt and shrink at the same time with Shrink?
    Or does Shrink not decrypt as good?

Thanks for any input,

Jack

2. crozzman

crozzman Regular member

Peepers,
    DVD Shrink can usually handle most movies, but there are those troublesome movies that DVD Shrink just can't cut through. If you are limited on your HD Space you should really try AnyDVD. It's a proggy that runs in the background and will allow DVD Shrink to do it's thing. This way you won't have the 6-7 GB decrypted file and the 4 GB shrink file on your HD. AnyDVD, if you haven't already tried it, has a 21 day free trial. If you like it, and I'm sure you will, buy it. It'll save you a lot of money in the long run so you don't have to upgrade your HD.

You can download it at www.slysoft.com

As for your preview pane, can't help you. I haven't had any problems with it.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2005
  3. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

As far as your initial problem, have you tried changing the options for the preview window? Go to edit and click on preferences. Click on the preview tab and select VMR-7. You can test each one yourself, but this seems to work for most of the people I know who use shrink. Good luck

How much free space do you have on your hard drive? I have only needed decrypter for tristar/columbia releases since mid december. Shrink should rip everything else on its own.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2005
  4. peepers

peepers Member

thanks for replies guys.
    I clicked the vmr-7 tab but I don't currently have anything to preview, so I don't know about that yet. I have a feeling it will work though.
    as for my hd space I usually only have about 8GB of free space. Very sad I know:(

So if I use shrink to encode then I will only have the 4GB file on the computer?

Thanks again guys.

5. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

for most movies, yes. 4-4.5 gigs

6. crozzman

crozzman Regular member

True. But keep in mind that this is only if you are running your movie through DVD Shrink with AnyDVD running in the background. If you have one of those "troublesome" movies and have to use Decrypter, you will have (2) large images on your HD. Again, with the limited space on your HD, AnyDVD is the way to go.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2005