1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shrink 3.2 Re-Authoring Menu error

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by tallguy53, Feb 13, 2005.

1. tallguy53

tallguy53 Member

All, to begin with I'm using a guide from a well known AfterDawn member's site for Shrink and Decrypter. At this point I'm using Shrink 3.2 to Re-author I,Robot and want to keep a functional menu. I've draged the one and only Title for the movie to the left side then tried to drag what must be the Title Menu over.

Immediately I get an error message that says: DVD Shrink cannot retain menu functionality when you re-author a menu. Instead, all menu buttons will be removed, and the menu will be converted into a regular video clip. If you wish to preserve the original menu functionality, you should backup this DVD in Full Disk Mode. Press OK to continue re-authoring the menu.

The reason I'm trying to keep a functional menu is to prevent my back-ups from autoplaying or starting immediately. A functional menu also gives the back-up some semblance of looking like the regular DVD movie instead of looking like a bootleg copy of the movie.

What am I doing wrong, or what should I do from here?

Thanks, Mike

2. MarkNZ

MarkNZ Regular member

3. Veblin

Veblin Active member

If you want to retain menus with DVD Shrink, don't Re-author.
    Use Full Disc backup, but instead set compression to Sill Image on Extras and Unreferenced material.

4. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

a couple more options...if u want to keep everything on one disc u can remove any unwanted audio from main movie and select custom ratio under the compression settings for menus and extras and compress them all the way (in other words, move the slider all the way to the left.) most of the time this will bring the compression down on most movies enough that u probably won't be able to notice any difference.

another option is here- http://www.videohelp.com/~r0lZ/pgce...dding_menus_to_dvd_shrink_reauthored_dvds.htm

i'm just discovering the different ways to do this myself. i think there are a couple more options. i'll try to post them later.
    hope i've helped.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2005