1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shrink 6.47GB ps2 game???

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by niko1zqbk, Jan 31, 2005.

1. niko1zqbk

niko1zqbk Member

I ripped Madden 05 to my hard drive with Decryptor. But the iso file is larger than 4.7GB. I tried using DVDShrink but i get an error. If anyone knows how to shrink a ps2 game it would be a great help to me.
    thanks

2. Niobis

Niobis Regular member

I ripped Madden '05 and it was only 3.4 GB. What program did you use to rip it?

If a game is bigger than 4.7 GB you will need a dual-layer burner and a dual-layer DVD-/+R disc to burn it.

3. niko1zqbk

niko1zqbk Member

Well really i ripped madden 05 collectors edition which is bigger than the original madden with dvd devryptor. I do have a dual layer burner but the media is still alittle too expensive. I just wanted to know if there's a way to shrink ps2 games like you can with dvd movies? Or is my only choice to get dual layer media???

4. Niobis

Niobis Regular member

Yes, that could explain why it is bigger lol. Yes, that's your only choice.

5. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

Unless you have the programing knowledge to compress the movies in the game, there is no one click program to shrink ps2 games. Shrink is made for movies, and can only work on movies, not games.

6. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

And there is no modchip out yet that can deal with DL backups. Your only option is finding a guide that will let you who to split a DVD9 game to a DVD5. DL burns will NOT work.

7. alseides

alseides Guest

i think modchips can play DL backups, the problem is being able to burn one right. As far compressing a game, its out of my league. I don't think its easy and you are probably better off buying it or even d*wnloading (did i say that out loud) the game, since sometimes they are compressed for you. now only if that had a program called PS2Shrink you'd have your answers solved. heh.

8. rj21

rj21 Regular member

[bold] sorry computer played up my post is below [/bold]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2005
  9. rj21

rj21 Regular member

ive was talking to a guy today who owns a computer shop and he was sayin that you can shrink the video in a ps2 to get it to fit dvd5.he thinks it mite be blind suit but his not sure as he dont backup ps2 games himself, now i dont have this program myself yet to try this out and also i dont have any dvd9 ps2 games.

what do you think about this?
    is it just bullsh@t or what?

10. danbooke

danbooke Regular member

I wouldn't waste my time with a Madden game anyway, or an EA game for that matter if it was giving me that amount of trouble...