1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shrink and decryp update?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by opticwire, Jan 25, 2005.

1. opticwire

opticwire Member

well I am aware of the problems burning newer dvds, ive made many many backups using shrink then decrypter, so the new problems (freeze at 5%) is really frustrating. ive read everyones threads, using the search function, and they say this problem has been solved, but I cannot get it to work. I used shrink, decoded my movie, then when i tried to encode it froze. im trying to copy friday night lights. i have anydvd running. i dont get why i cant get it. ive even tried using decrypter, putting the iso and mds on my HD, and then shrink, but same problem. if there is any simple solution, please please help me. im sorry for repeated questions like this, but i thought i was a pro at this til now. all my progs are the latest version and my burner and media is fine, so i kno its not that. its only friday night lights, i got the forgotten just fine, thanks again fellas/

2. zippyd

zippyd Regular member

try turning off Any DVD and then ripping with Decrypter and encoding with Shrink. I've read of a couple of people reporting that Any DVD was interfering with Shrink somehow and that shutting it down seemed to fix the problem.

3. garydv

garydv Member

does anyone know if the source code for shrink and decrypter is available? most freeware is open source, if i could get the source code for shrink and decrypter i could write a fix for shrink if it is wrote in a language im familiar with. i know Visual Basic and C++ most programs are wrote in one or the other. anyway the logic is the same for all languages just different syntax. so if anyone knows if shrink is open source let me know.

4. opticwire

opticwire Member

i did not try shutting off anydvd, but its worth a shot. i did successfully back up FNL, but it is only the main movie file and extras, no menus via re-author mode in shrink. worked fine, but the exact copy would have been nice. I'm unsure on the system which these programs run, a fix would be great, thats why I was hoping thered be an update. if a lot of movie companies go to this new tech. it would be a pain not getting menus on any dvd. oh well i guess...we could pay for every copy... :p

5. blimpe

blimpe Guest

Friday Night Lights worked fine with dvd shrink and anydvd the only thing you have to do is changed all the unreferenced material to still images.

6. opticwire

opticwire Member

and you do that how? within shrink?

7. zippyd

zippyd Regular member

Last edited: Jan 27, 2005