1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shrink and decrypt issues

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by h20dawg, Mar 28, 2005.

1. h20dawg

h20dawg Member

Ive used shrink 3.2 and then decryption for backup movies in the past with no issues. I just backed up (Without a paddle" and Spongebob". The movie burned, but won't play on my comp or my stand alone. It gives an error stating the incompatible for region of the disk...??? what is this?? I looked through the files and the movies looks like it is there, just won't load. Ive loaded every player known to man, but it won't work on the comp and the movies ALWAYS work on the comp...Any help would be great! Thanks

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

What country do you live in and where did you get the DVDs? Do you have Shrink set to make a region free copy?

3. h20dawg

h20dawg Member

Thanks for the interest in my issues...Anyways, I live in the USA, the movies are mine, the decrypter won't let me choose region free, it defaults to #1 USA. I dumped my comp and had a slightly different versions of Shrink and Decrypt, worked then. I guess Ill have to research which versions I had and reload them...let me know if this can be overridden (Region free issue) or where I can download the older versions of these two programs....Thanks in advance for any assistance..Mitch

4. spacedust

spacedust Regular member

One check the region code on your burner make sure it's set to region #1. Device manager select dvd drive properties you will see dvd region. Reload DVD decrypter and dvd shrink all with latest versions.

Good Luck

Spacedust

5. miser

miser Guest

I use decrypter 3.5.4.0 you can set it to region free. Select tools, IFO, region patch and select region free. You can also change the region of your dvd drive using decrypter by selecting, Tools, Drive, Region Code, Change. Select What region you want and press OK.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2005
  6. h20dawg

h20dawg Member

Thanks to both of you, I'll play with it after I reload these programs and Ill let it rip.