1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shrink and decrypter now running slow

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by iracekx, Jan 12, 2005.

1. iracekx

iracekx Member

I have been using shrink and decrypter for some time now with no problem. Now out of the blue they both go to slow running speeds the fastest they rip and write is 1.1x. I have went to device manager and made sure they were set to dma. I set everything back to default I tried the write speed at max, 4x and 2x and it only goes as fast as 1.1x. I know that some of you guru's have encountered this already and I hope you have a solution. The movies that I have tried are movies that I have already done than ran fine at those speeds. I also did an update on both shrink and decrypter to see if that would help. again no luck please help if you can to those thank you in advance. Let me know if you need anymore info again I have been using these for about four months I think.

2. iracekx

iracekx Member

Sorry one of these went through a second time but I do have a little more info on the other one. Thanks again.

3. sean5775

sean5775 Regular member

some possible things that would cause such a sudden change could be.... Spyware, maybe try running a program such as adaware on a regular basis to remove spyware. Is your hard drive really full? Have you defragmented it lately?

To help some more you could post your system specs.

4. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Please don't double post. Have a little patience. If you don't get any replies in 24 hrs go back to your original post and post another thread. Just type in bump and it will move your thread to the top of the list but wait 24 hrs. Read the rules.

5. iracekx

iracekx Member

I did not mean to double post I hit submit and it said website temporerally unavaiable. So I redid another post then a few minutes later it showed the other. I have ran adawre cleared all the spyware ran antivirus made sure that was cleaned. I did defrag I still have 35 to 40 gigs left on hard drive. I have windows xp pro 2.6 with 512 ram. I did have problem with Norton anti virus it said to uninstall and reinstall because it encountered a problem I uninstalled and went with AVG 7.0 antivirus. If you need any more info please let me know. Thanks again you guys rock.