1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shrink and

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by st6_guy, Feb 23, 2007.

1. st6_guy

st6_guy Member

I want to rip/copy a DVD-9 movie onto another DL DVD (no compression).

In Shrink, I select "DVD-9" under preferences, so it not compressed at all. Then I "BACK UP", It seems to go to my hard drive OK.

Then, when IMG-Burn/Nero comes up, I get an error saying...

Optimal L1 Data Zone Start LBA: None Found! (VTS_01)
    This Image has not been mastered correctly on to a double layer break position.

So How do I fix this when using shrink?

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Don't use Shrink for this process at all. Just use DVDFab Decrypter "LINK" to rip to your hard drive and then burn with ImageBurn. As an added safety precaution I would also run the files ripped to the hard drive through FixVTS "LINK" before burning w/ ImageBurn.

Good Luck

3. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

To use FixVTS following a DVDFab rip the file mode will need to be used instead of ISO output. FixVTS requires dragging a VOB file onto the window and you'll need file access to do so. With ImgBurn, use the instructions for building an ISO and then burning.

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I run all of my files threw FixVTS no matter which proggie I use to rip with and yes they need to be ripped in file mode. IMO it is always best to rip in file mode anyway it just gives you more options in the long run than in ISO mode. Although draging VOBs into FixVTS is one method of fixing your files it isnt necessary. Here is how I process my DVD files threw FixVTS.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

bbmayo
    Nice guide, but it can be done a little easier with drag and drop.

Open Video_TS Folder.
    Open FixVTS on Video_TS window.
    Drag VOB onto FixVTS window (X marks the spot).
    Click Full DVD.

in place (no backup!) is optional. Uncheck to keep original files till job is done or check for no backup of original files.

[​IMG]

Like many things "there's more than one way to skin a cat". Though I'm sure the cat wants no part of it. LOL

6. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

RipIt4Me, with FixVTS options checked in Preferences (default), will use FixVTS automatically to clean the files using the 1-Click mode. No need to do the opening, browsing, and extra clicking, RipIt4Me does it all for you.

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Yes this is true RipIt4Me will do it all for you, but I like doing somethings for myself :)

I actually use DVDFab Decrypter to rip in file mode then run those through FixVTS and use either CloneDVD2 or Shrink to Compress main movie only. I probably mainly use CloneDVD2 for this because it is a little faster and most of my movies don't need hardly any compression anyway because I only backup the main movie. RipIt4Me is an easier way to go about all of this, but I just preffer the speed and overall outcome of my backup using this process. :) I know you can do the drag and drop method with FixVTS I was just pointing out that it wasen't the only way to "skin the cat" :)

Cheers

8. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

A rather elaborate proof of another way. LOL You'll have to excuse me while I continue to tell the Newbies to drag and drop. We all have our preferences and there's nothing wrong with that. I'll opt for the sure and easy way, even if it takes a bit longer using RipIt4Me. That's why I don't mind using RB Pro with CCE SP, quality is worth the wait. I've noticed a few others around here that like that combination.

9. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I only use rebuilder when the movie requires some compression because there is no need IMO for using it other than that, but it does do a great job!

I wouldn't dream of telling a newbie to backup the way I do (my god that would be painfull) RipIt4Me is the sure fire way there is no doubt about that :)

10. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I think we have a similar credo, "do as I say and not as I do". Poor newbies would be standing on their heads if they tried some of the things I do. I'm here to say my neck gets a bit sore after a while. LOL

Last edited: Feb 24, 2007