1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shrink burning problems

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by gozman, Nov 15, 2004.

1. gozman

gozman Guest

when using DVD Shrink i have encountered problems having the disk not being able to play all the way through after burning. All backup burns get about an hour into the movie and then freeze. I have tried different media and speeds but doesnt make any difference. I can get a good burn utilizing dvd xpress copy every time. any ideas?

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

what brand media have you tried?

3. gozman

gozman Guest

I have tried several brands,(prodisk, opto, memorex) but currently using ridata 4x. I have set burn speed to 2x and get better results but still hangs up. I have changed out my burner from a NEC to a new lite on but hasnt made any difference either. The only times that shrink works is if the movie is under 4 gig, so im wondering if i might possibly be writing to the edge of the disk and creating problems? I could try more compression instead of using auto compression but the slider shows all green on every disk i have tried to back up.

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

when automatic compression, the slider is always green. Go into the settings and change the target dvd size to custom 4440megs. Also, are you having dvd shrink burn with nero or dvd decrypter?

5. gozman

gozman Guest

I am burning with Nero. I will try the custom setting next. Thank You

6. GoEagles

GoEagles Member

I need the wisdom of the wise man (or woman) up atop the mountain...
    I'm having similar problems with Shrink & Nero. The movie will decrypt to my hard drive w/o a problem, but I'm getting errors when it starts to write. I've gotten "Failed to format" disc errors before it was able to start burning. I've also gotten other fails after it started burning that were very lengthy fail messages.
    I had a similar problem before & changed my discs which were Memorex +R & started using Memorex +RWs and it fixed the problem for about six weeks. Now I can't write on the +r either. I've been able to burn decrypted disc to disc using Nero w/o a problem. My burner is an HP 400i that's just about a year old, can that be the problem, or do I need to uninstall all the software & start over again?

7. gozman

gozman Guest

after a little trial and error, i find the problem solved by setting at 4.3 gig or below works fine. Thanks for the help

8. theboner

theboner Member

i had the same problem with dvds freezing about 30 minutes from the end of the movie. my friend told me that there was some problem that happens when you install real player, or at least the real media codec. he said that it replaces some system files that mess up dvd burning. he told me there was a fix somewhere, i am yet to find anything about what he was talking about. does he do too many drugs? or is there such a problem?