1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shrink can't encode protected dvd

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by nutty_cop, Sep 1, 2004.

1. nutty_cop

nutty_cop Member

whatelse can i do if dvd shrink can't do the job of encoding the protected dvd. it gives me error saying dvd is protected.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Try ripping it with DVD Decrypter in File Mode and then open the resulting VIDEO_TS folder with Shrink :)

3. Acme8790

Acme8790 Member

I had the same thing happen and I unchecked the option to burn with Nero. I was then able to start the encoding process. But then you have to manually burn the DVD with nero.

4. nutty_cop

nutty_cop Member

the only option i've given to burn with it is dvd decryptor. i tried to encode to dvd decryptor but it doesn't work.

5. zippyd

zippyd Regular member

Try running DVD43 1.4 in the background while Shrink does it's thing. DVD43 dynamically bypasses the encrytption on DVD's and will allow Shrink to tackle the occasional movie it can't handle on it's own. Once you install DVD43 and put your disc in the drive the little smiley face in your system tray should turn green. When it does go ahead and fire up Shrink and you should be on your way :)

DVD43 1.4:

http://dvd43.com/

You'll also need a small driver layer, Patin Couffin, to run it:

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_tools/patin-couffin.cfm

Nephilim... I copy/pasted this from another thread where you helped someone with a similar problem.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/125
    Please correct me if it doesn't apply here.

6. nutty_cop

nutty_cop Member

I did some finding and I found that it's hard to remove dvd43 from your system. Is that true?

Last edited: Sep 2, 2004
  7. michigan

michigan Guest

Try playing the DVD with your DVD playing software (power DVD or something like that) then try again, sometimes that fixes it.

8. Acme8790

Acme8790 Member

In shrink, at the top click on edit~then preferences at the bottom to open up Shrinks prefences.
    Once there, click on the file I/O tab and at the bottom it has the burn settings. Make sure enable burning with Nero is NOT checked. The other thing make sure Nero is not open or the error will occur. But like I said if you go this route you will have to burn the DVD manually. BUt try playing the DVD first....that works sometimes. Let me know if either one works.