1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shrink deep analysis

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by paxblndie, Jan 2, 2008.

1. paxblndie

paxblndie Member

Love dvd shrink - never had problems till now. deep analysis is taking forever (11000 hrs). i tried uninstalling drivers, cleaned my machine, even replaced my burner. nothing worked. looking for any help. frustrated in paxinos

2. vamsilak

vamsilak Regular member

skip deep analysis

3. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

Have u changed anything on your pc as operating system?

4. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

moved to Shrink forum

5. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

What movie are you trying to backup and what did you use for decryption? The movie might still have junk in it even if you have successfuly ripped it to your HDD.

6. paxblndie

paxblndie Member

didn't change anything on my pc and it does it with all movies i tried, from new releases to older movies. i also use anydvd which has worked great.

7. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

First off, i would check to make sure your pc hasn't slipped from DMA to much slower PIO mode.

Follow alkohol's detailed guide to check and reset if needed.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/260038

Deep Analysis does take longer than just a normal transcode process on automatic compression.

Or try this: while Shrink is running, open your task manager, right click on DvdShrink and set priority to HIGH. Don't run any other programs while it's running.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2008
  8. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Check and see if your drive is still in DMA mode. Sometimes Windows will change it to PIO mode.
    EDIT:NVM!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2008
  9. Grampaw

Grampaw Regular member

Doubt the DMA - PIO mode thing has anything to do with your problem. The symptoms, taking forever to do deep analysis, is more indicative of something else, unrelated to Shrink, taking CPU cycles. My guess is something you don't know about (maleware?) is running in the background and slowing down anything that is CPU intensive. Are other applications also running real slowly? If they are, then Shrink isn't your problem. I'd fire up you security software and take a look.

You could have a DVD writer or ROM hardware/firmware problem. Do other applications that require just reading a DVD take more time than expected? If so, then Shrink again isn't your problem. I'd update/reinstall the writer/ROM firmware.

10. paxblndie

paxblndie Member

I Think you are on the money, Grampaw. I've tried to restore and clean up and nothing is helping with the burning. I can watch a movie without any problems, but, not burn. Thanks for you help!!

11. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Have you tried un installing and re-installing DVD Shrink?

12. soup1

soup1 Member

Which part are you having problems with? You start off talking about analysis taking too long but in your last post you are talking about burning. It is important to know exactly which stage because the solutions could be totally different. If it is indeed slow while burning, buffers might be going crazy, then it could be PIO Vs Dma problems.