1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shrink dilemma!

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Lennox, Mar 15, 2005.

1. Lennox

Lennox Member

when i am backing up family guy i get a cycle redundentcy error what is this!

2. OU812Ono

OU812Ono Regular member

A CRC error is usually a dirty/scratched/bad disc. I have done The Family Guy season 1 with no problem. Try cleaning the disc and see if that works.

3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

do a search on afterdawn for "cyclic redundancy" or "CRC". It's (rarely) a duff disc, a symptom of copy protections etc etc etc. Do a search and go from there, good luck

Rich

Last edited: Mar 16, 2005
  4. nohelpme

nohelpme Regular member

sounds like a nice scratch....I would try cleaning it and see what happens. You might have some pixeling and or tiling when you copy the damaged section. Just be very careful. Scratches are never good man.

5. creaky

this is more usually due to copy protections. it's a very common problem hence why i suggested doing some searching

Rich

6. nohelpme

nohelpme Regular member

Not a movie that old. On a newer movie I would say sure. As long as you have anydvd and shrink there is really no protections now you can't break. Unless it was some new protection that is not on these forums. There is some new ones in the UK now, again these are broken as well.

7. creaky

must admit i didn't look up family guy as have never heard of it, but crc errors crop up a lot, and not always due to dirt/grime/fingerprints or scratches. Not quite correct on anydvd, there are ppl who anydvd hasn't worked for (myself included). and im in the UK too. ie layer cake (FOR ME) needed a PSL file for dvd decryptor as i couldnt do it any other way (MYSELF)

Rich