1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shrink/ DTS audio setting

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Xpressor, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Xpressor

Xpressor Regular member

hi all,
    i'll try to make this as short as possible. i produced 2 coasters from 2 of my movies when i chose on audio settings to only select the 5.1 dts box
    shrink and nero did their thing like normal from start to finish but when i went to watch the movie there was no sound at all the video was fine. 2 different movies both with dts files on audio selection along with normal 5.1. one more thing when im axing away on the compression settings it labels all the audio file options along with the subpicture.
    but whenever there are dts files avail it displays them but i have to manually click on them the little check mark is never on them automatically.. so this was so long any pointers are appreciated thanx

2. zippyd

zippyd Active member

If I remember correctly, you can't just put the DTS audio on the disc. You need to have both AC3 and DTS for your player to have audio. You also need to make sure that your DVD player supports DTS and your audio equipment as well.
    Another thing, if I remember correctly, the AC3 will be defualt audio on your backup. To change this in Shrink, click on the main movie to highlight it, right click,select set default streams, under audio pick your DTS audio.
    **you can only set default streams in reauthor mode.**
    **you cannot use menus in reauthor mode**
    It's been a long time since I've messed with DTS so I give no guarantees to the accuracy of my memory.

Hope it works for you.