1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shrink DVD Crashing

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by dvd4free, Jun 11, 2004.

1. dvd4free

dvd4free Member

Problem 1.
    Have been using Shrink dvd to backup purchased DVD's so my kids don't wreck the originals. Have been having "program not responding" errors when I try to re-author a disc. This will happen multiple times, each time freezing when I select either re-author or after opening a disc & select a title, even after analysing the disc. Then after a few goes at it, it will work fine, allow me to choose what I want to backup for burning, backup okay & burn okay. A friend of mine is having similar issues.
    I always delete the previous "backup" & have defraged the hard drive, still the same issues.
    I"m using Athlon XP 1800, 1GB memory, 40 GB hard drive & windows XP Professional.Any suggestions ???

Problem 2.
    The disc's I have backed up & burnt whether compressed or not play fine in all three of my kids computers with their own stand alone DVD player (WinDVD), but have freezing issues & momentary sound drop out, with my Toshiba SD 1300 stand alone player.
    I'm using "A" grade DVD-R media and am unsure what the problem may be. Any suggestions ???

2. dvd4free

dvd4free Member

Forgot additional important information !!!
    Using DVD 43 to un-encode, & Nero for burning engine.

3. bigorange

bigorange Active member

What is your "grade A" media? Are you using recode? You don't need shrink with recode, does the same thing and it does a better job and you don't lose the menus. afterthought-believe it or not a lot of the time burned DVD's will play better in a cheaper, no frills player.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]........Dell Media4600, XP home,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz, 512MB, 280 HD w/8MB, 17" flat panel, AIO-A920, 8x DVD-ROM, integrated 5.1 audio, HP dc4000, Plextor PX-708UF[/small]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2004
  4. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

I would also check compatibility of your players.
    http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers

Suggest getting some +R's. Also with your 40 gig HD, how much is free? Oh, and are you running other programs or applications while trying to backup?

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Toshiba players are notoriously picky with burned media :)