1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shrink dvd not accessing TS_ folder on hard drive

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by chrisadna, Feb 23, 2004.

1. chrisadna

chrisadna Member

I have downloaded dvd shrink as well as dvd decryter as i have Tomb raider- the cradle of life stored as a TS_ folder on my hard drive in the ' my documents' folder of windows xp. It is a large movie, 7.25gb so it not only needs to be shrank, but when i try to play it on any of my installed media players, it either fails to play at all or is terribly streaked and undiciferable, then eventually stops. I asume this is either due to copyright or region of the dvd i rented. however i get a message saying ' invalid access to memory location' when i try to open the ts_ folder using dvd shrink. no matter what i do i cant' get dvd shrink to access the file, let alone analyse it.

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

The proper 2 folders you need to burn DVD's are AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS. AUDIO_TS will be empty, VIDEO_TS should contain all the backup files. Do you have these? All you stated was TS_ folder. Also how did you get the movie on to your HD with what program?

Jerry

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Jerry,

Please re-read chrisdna's post -

" I asume this is either due to copyright or region of the [bold]dvd i rented[/bold]."

chrisdna,

[bold]We don't aid others in the illegal practice of attempting to copy something, which is not theirs ![/bold]

Pete

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]The “old man” Pete (ö¿ô)
    Compaq 8000, Pent 4 CPU 2.84GHz, 1GB RAM.
    340GB HD, 7200 (Maxtor 120, Western 200 & 20.
    4 Drives, JLMS DVD ROM, HP DVD Writer 200j,
    Nec 4X DVD RW ND-1300A & AXV CD/DVD-ROM.
    GeForce4 Ti 4200-128MB, OS– XP sp1.[/small]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2004
  4. chrisadna

chrisadna Member

Thanks jerry 746 for replying to my e-mail and I am really sorry for breaking the rules. My only excuse is that i am new to this game and am learing as i go along, so i have now learnt a valuble lesson. Never again will i partake in the activity mentioned in my first message!!!
    However, in reply to you question, yes i have an audio file in the same folder as all of the vob, ifo,bup files and this audio file is 68 bites in size and says it uses the real player by default.
    I'm sorry, but i can't remember how i copied it to hard drive in the first place, it could have been by using nero, which i have version 6 of. It may be important to know that after the initial copying of the dvd it appeared to be saved in the memory of my dvdrw drive as there was not a disk in it to copy to and i have now moved the video-ts folder into my documents and the dvdrw drive is now clear. Even if i try to use nero burning rom to create a dvd using only the files from the video_ts folder i believe may be the film( which i can't check as none of my media players, even the one that came with the dvd, will play the files), when i come to burn the new created dvd to disk, i get e error message saying the disk may not play correctly and do i want to continue?
    As i don't want to waste anymore of my blank dvd-r's i don' continue as i think it needs decrypting. please help, i'm going mad. thanks xxx

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi Pete, My brain must have been multi-tasking. I totally missed the RENTED part of the post. glad you caught it.

chrisadana. All newbies make some mistakes. Its ok as long as you correct them and abide by the rules as my buddy Pete advised you. We will be glade to help you with other legal questions.
    Jerry

6. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

chrisadna,

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear -

Whether it was copied by Nero or whether you have your DVD RW drive clear isn't important to us -

[bold]You are still dealing with a PIRATE Movie and YOUR QUESTIONS WILL NOT BE ANSWERED -[/bold]

Pete

7. chrisadna

chrisadna Member

i'm sorry again scuba pete. that is the last time i mention it. please dont ban me, i think this facility is great. thanks

8. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

This thread is Closed -

If you require help for a legal backup, create a new thread -

Pete

9. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi all

come on guys give the new guy a break!!!

*** LET THOSE AMONGST YOU WHO ARE WITOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE***

thx....