1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shrink DVD taking long too burn

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by miamidjfx, Jun 1, 2004.

1. miamidjfx

miamidjfx Guest

First off this site is GREAT!!... Even though im a rookie i made my first backup and its working perfect thanks to this forum.. but the downside it took 9 hours to burn. I tried my second back up and it was also a 9 hour process.. im using DVD Shrink and a pioneer a07 burning at 4x DVD-R. I have 40 gig hardrive and it has enough room so i dont think thats the issue does anyone know how i can speed this process up? ive read it other people are making backups around 30 minutes. Appreciate any feedback. hopefully i learn as much as i can and repay the favor back soon.. thanx in advance.

2. miamidjfx

miamidjfx Guest

oops... almost forgot.. im using Nero 6 to burn.

3. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

hi miamidjfx
    I did a search for you and found this very informative thread:http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/76265
    you can thank daba for that one.
    good luck
    jim
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

you should never take life too seriously....you'll never get out alive!!
    procrastinate now...dont put it off till tomorrow
    if you can read this..you dont need glasses.[/small]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2004
  4. miamidjfx

miamidjfx Guest

5. miamidjfx

miamidjfx Guest

checked it my IDE settings ... it was set to DMA... i put new firmware on my DVD burner i found on this site for my drive and it seems to be burning great... not sure if that was the problem but hey... if it aint broke now... im not going to try to fix it.. Thanx

6. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

miamidjfx,

What are your specs? O/S, processor speed & how much ram?