1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shrink error....any suggestions?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by abnrgr_2, Jan 1, 2008.

1. abnrgr_2

abnrgr_2 Member

Hello all and Happy New Year!

I've been getting an error msg on dvd shrink and I can not figure out how to fix it. I was able to use DVDFab first and got my files from it. Shrink will open the files up and analyze it but when it comes to back up I get the following error code.

DVD Shrink 3.2.exe- Application Error
    The instruction at "0x00000000" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read". Click okay to terminate the program.

2. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Regular member

make sure you have the latest version of dvdfab decrypter first off. after tou rip with dvdfab decrypter run the file though fixvts or vob blanker to clean the file futher then dvd shrink shouldn't have a problem

3. abnrgr_2

abnrgr_2 Member

Thanks for the tip...tried it out and still nothing. I keep getting the error code. I really don't know what else it could be.

4. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling DVD Shrink?

5. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Regular member

or use clonedvd 2 + anydvd

6. abnrgr_2

abnrgr_2 Member

I've tried reinstalling all my software. Still no joy.

7. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

When you uninstalled did you run a registry cleaner? If not, i would suggest doing a full clean uninstall of Shrink, registry cleaner, then a defrag, and reinstall.

8. abnrgr_2

abnrgr_2 Member

Thanks for response. Yes, I did what you wrote and still come up with the error

[​IMG]

9. abnrgr_2

abnrgr_2 Member

[​IMG][/URL][/img]

10. abnrgr_2

abnrgr_2 Member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2008
  11. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

12. abnrgr_2

abnrgr_2 Member

Thanks again, but it still does not work. It seems like a problem with the program and computer and not the files being protected. I just tried a file that I know has no protection and again that the same error code. I've used DVD Decryptor, DVD FabHD (new version) and get the same outcome.

13. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Regular member

ok uninstall dvd shrink run ccleaner and the Registry cleaner inside the program then run another registry cleaner then do a disc cleanup and defrag after that shut down your PC wait about a min and restart it.run ccleaner registry cleaner again and see if you come up with anything. if you don't reinstall dvd shrink and see if it works. spyware,malware etc. can disable the registry which may be your problem. what programs do you have there?

have you tryed nero recode 2 or clonedvd 2 ?

14. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

Uninstall DVD Shrink. Download MS Malicious Software Removal Tool. Now, re-install the application, and see what happens...By the way, where is the source of download for this DVD Shrink?

15. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

abnrgr_2

My 2cents worth, ZoSoIV is on thr right track, but......

Referenced memory errors usually occur when the installation of a program, or its installation references have been altered or deleted. This can happen if you uninstalled a program, but saved the settings and reinstalled it with different options, or you ran an update to the program but changed something in the process, or a process that the program normally uses for operation has moved or been deleted. Simplest solution is to uninstall the program, completely....meaning running a registry cleaner program after the uninstall to remove any remnants of the program....then reinstall.

As suggested, you could try running ccleaner and run the registry scan portion....it will give you some insight as to what it is reading as obsolete registry entries and installer files and you may be able to fix the problem just by getting that information if you understand it.....running the cleanup app may also help.

Its also possible that the error is occurring due to locked memory by another program (some other program is running using resources that shrink needs), or there may be not enough "virtual" memory.

So, check for spyware or a possible virus. Try a program like freeRam or simply adjusting the virtual memory size by going into the system settings .

If still no joy, there's always the System restore option.

Last, after you've tried everthing suggested and are still having the same problem, I would suspect a possible problem with one (or more) of your RAM sticks.....or motherboard. Try unplugging them, then reinsert, change them around, or unplug one at a time and see if the problem stops to see if one is bad.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2008