1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shrink error backing up Texas Chainsaw

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by cm223322, Mar 30, 2004.

1. cm223322

cm223322 Member

trying to backup up texas chainsaw massacre and i keep getting an shrink error message saying cannot access memory for the specific drive. i have tried from both of my dvd drives but no luck. i ripped it to my hard drive and then tried compressing using shrink and same message. perhaps a copyright? does anyone know a way around this or another program to use to complete the backup.

Thanks

2. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

have you tried dvd decrypter?If not, download available,along with users guides at the top of this page.Im guessing you'll have to shrink it afterwards so use decrypter in the file mode and open the files with shrink.

good luck and welcome to the club
    jim
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]you should never take life too seriously....you'll never get out of it alive!!
    if you can read this..you dont need glasses.
    read and sign this:http://www.petitiononline.com/fairuse/petition.html[/small]

Last edited: Mar 30, 2004
  3. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

I did it fine with dvd shrink, so it is not the movie.

4. bpangove

bpangove Member

I am getting the same error message when trying to shrink Texas Chainsaw. I have had a successful completion from DVD DeCryptor and have always been able to Decrypt first then use DVD Shrink to compress and back to DVD DeCryptor to burn. Many completed disc backups sucsessfully. Why with this. Any sugestions???

5. yoda6677

yoda6677 Member

i am having the same invalid access to memory location for T C M. this is the only movie i have ever seen this with.

6. bpangove

bpangove Member

I just tried it again with DVD Shrink and it did burn a copy but I do not get to choose audio options on the menu screen. It also craps out on my Sony DVD player when I try to choose audio options. Any sugestions?

7. bpangove

bpangove Member

Well that didn't work. Also craps out in the DVD player. Locks up etc.... Never had this problem before made many DVD backups with DVD Decry and DVD shrink and no problems. Sure do not want to go back to Express Help!!!!!

8. cm223322

cm223322 Member

after trying to shirk 4-5 times i decrypted a different copy of texas chainsaw massacre and it worked fine. seems to have been the disc itself for me. the new disk worked on the first try.

9. yoda6677

yoda6677 Member

I chose to Re-author it and it worked fine...just did the movie though

10. bpangove

bpangove Member

Went back and used DVD Express did entire disc and worked ok.

11. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

I Backed it up with no problem, but the compression with shrink was so low (54%) that I re-authored it with just the movie and the compression was 84% better.

Hey bpangove, their was really no audio options to choose from, all there was -subtitles(spanish,english) and for the movie-(ac3 5.1, ac3somth'n I forget) but that's it.

What was crazy about this movie is there were no extra's to see and no making of the movie so I don't understand why the compression was so low.
    bye the way- movie was AWSUM!!!!!

12. nickmmira

nickmmira Member

i was haveing the same problem and all i did to fix it was i turned off video preview during the anylyss and the encodeing it worked fine :)

13. magic3ps2

magic3ps2 Member

I was wondering if somebody could possible help me?out I am using dvd shrink and i have backed up many dvds using dvd shrink but when i try to back up the texas chainsaw massacre 03 i get to encoding and about after two % the compression level goes from 9 to no compression i have never had this problem before i have tried backing up the dvd 4 times all ready. I am once again trying to back it up but i feel as if im just wasting my time. also another thing when i check the enable preview mode on the encoding part it gets up to to a certain part and freezes and stays like that the whole time. I am now trying with out watching the preview while encoding hopefully this will help. Also it dont want to fit on a dvd-r because its just to big after getting encoded but if anybody as any insight on this problem i would really appreciate it.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]volcom stone[/small]

Last edited: Mar 31, 2004
  14. magic3ps2

magic3ps2 Member

I had tried encoding with the video preview un checked but it did not work and it was at a level 10 compression. I think that this dvd has some type of glitch to it where it wont really compress alot to beable to fit on a dvd-r. I never had any errors with dvd shrink so im not sure about all of u that are experienceing that problem. I have found that if you reauthor it and cut out the the previews for the the movies that are comming out it should be able to fit on the cd now after trying 6 times to get the whole thing on the dvd i have found it is not possible but with the previews cut out and every thing else on there i belive it should work just fine im not sure at the time, but I am pretty confident that it will work this way some of the problems i experinced i had listed above this in my other thread. for one where I am now at 27% i've already encoded 1,000 mb where when i tried when i did not reauthor it when i was at 27% i was already close to 2,000 mb so what I am saying in other words the only way i found to back up this movie is to reauthor it with the previews for upcomming movies out which is about 405 mb good luck with it and i will post and let u guys know how it went

15. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

I'm sorry you fell magic3ps2, I hope you weren't hurt.

Anyway for your DVD problem - you don't provide us with any information -

What are your settings in DVD Shrink ?

Are you playing your original on your burner or a burner ?

What are your PC's specs ?

What other software do you have on your PC ?

Have you freed up your PC's resourses and tried to process ?

Have you stayed away from your PC when it was working ?

I'm getting tired of typing - If you wish help, provide some information -

Pete

16. magic3ps2

magic3ps2 Member

well i just got done backing up the texas chainsaw massacre 2003 I re-autored it and it encoded and worked just fine so that is what i would recommend and scuba pete sorry to bother u with my troubles

17. linnm666

linnm666 Guest

it worked by backing it up w/o viewing on; tried everything. thanks! it worked

18. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

I bet that the movie industrie is coming up with more eventfull way's to stop people from making backup's of thier movies.
    In saying that, I bet the author's of our favorite program's that we so dearly love will come out with new version's of back-up program's- If more problems start occuring.

19. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

geestar20,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but there will be no more development of DVD Shrink. It is what it is - "bug fixes" will be added but there will be no more "New versions". You can say, you have seen the death of our beloved DVD Shrink :-(

Tis truly a time for sorrow :( -

Pete
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]The “old man” Pete (ö¿ô)
    Compaq 8000, Pent 4 CPU 2.84GHz, 1GB RAM.
    340GB HD, 7200 (Maxtor 120, Western 200 & 20.
    4 Drives, JLMS DVD ROM, HP DVD Writer 200j,
    Nec 4X DVD RW ND-1300A & AXV CD/DVD-ROM.
    GeForce4 Ti 4200-128MB, OS– XP sp1.[/small]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2004
  20. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

I just wiped a tear from my eye's!

Hey Scuba say it isn't soooo.
    This is an April fool's joke right....right
    What's next..stilling chicken's in the middle of the night, chasing car's, thanks but no thanks I don't need this one Scuby. (I stole this saying from "Teen Wolf")