1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shrink error message

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Wags, May 19, 2004.

1. Wags

Wags Member

I have been unsuccessful in using DVD shrink to date. I get an error message before the back up is complete. I was trying to copy Dogma.

Error message is as follows: DVD Shrink encountered and error and can not continue. Failed to write File VTS_07_1.V0B. There is not enough space on the disk.

I started out 13mb free on my hard disk when I started, and had 9mb still free after the error message. Also, when I look on the hard disk, I find the file association type as Easy CD Creator Image file. Any ideas on what the problem is?

2. Veblin

Veblin Active member

Your hard disk drive has a FAT 32 file system.
    What version of Windows are you using?

Last edited: May 19, 2004
  3. Wags

Wags Member

i am using 2000 professional

4. Veblin

Veblin Active member

Convert your FAT 32 drives to NTFS. NTFS does not have a 4GB file size limit like FAT 32 does.
    Example:
    Click Start - Run and type.
    Convert C: /FS:NTFS

Before you make the conversion to NTFS.
    It is a good idea to both defragment and error check fixing both file system errors and recovery of bad sectors.
    Right click on your drive and select Properties and these options are on the Tools tab.

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Wags, if you had been checking threads as we recommend Newbies to do, you would have found out that we are referring to your PC’s file system - FAT32 (if you have it) needs to be converted to an NTFS file system. It’s easy and safe to do -

Check it out -

http://www.ntfs.com/ntfs_vs_fat.htm

Try this tool - Partition Magic 8.0

http://www.ntfs.com/ntfs_vs_fat.htm

That is barely enough room to store a small movie trailer. You need 1000 times more space -

You need to have 8 to 11 GIGABYTES of space to think about using DVD Shrink.

If you ever get that straightened out you also need to set your "Target DVD Size" to "Custom" and size about "4300MB".

cheers,

Pete

6. Wags

Wags Member

hi pete,
    honestly i did go through the threads but i did not know what was going on with my system to pin point what to look for. in hindsight i should have checked the fat32...also i made a mistake with stating mb, i was really meaning giga....so i am positive i have the room! thanks everyone for the help!

7. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Wags,

let us know how you made out with the conversation -

and Welcome to our little Club -

Pete