1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shrink error

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by ully, Mar 16, 2005.

1. ully

ully Member

i hope someone can help . ive been doing some backup's of my discs with great success but now i am gettin this.... DVD SHRINK ENCOUNTERED AN ERROR AND CANNOT CONTINUE.. OUT OF MEMORY.. THE PAGING FILE IS TO SMALL FOR THIS OPERATION TO COMPLETE. i dont know what to do to correct it or why its just started happening.

2. stew000

stew000 Guest

i have been useing shrink with great results and havent found that prob, have you tried making your page file larger? thoug my temp file for shrink isnt the page file.

also with page file, have you got it set so min file size is the same as max file size? just saves the system changing it all the time.

3. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

If you would like to raise your paging file settings just do the following under XP:

Left Click "ONCE" on My Computer to highlight it.

Right click on "My Computer"

Left Click on Properties

Left Click on Advanced Tab

Left Click on Performance Settings

Left Click on Advanced Tab under Performance Options

@ Virtual Memory, Left Click on Change

Raise it to a level you are comfortable with.

Note: Many say that your PC will perform better if you set Initial size (MB) to the same as Maximum size (MB) since this will not constantly change the size on your HD, accessing it several times with size changes. Since I have two HD's, my secondary is where I use the paging file Virtual Memory and even though I have 1 Gig of PC3200, mine is set at 3072 MB.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 16, 2005
  4. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Is this on The Forgotten or The Grudge? I got that error and to get around it I had to reauthor in DVD Shrink, pick just the main movie title(s), and change the start frame to where you see the Columbia logo. Note that if you do this and get both titles (if there are 2, which there were on The Forgotten) you have to do this to both titles.