1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shrink Errors

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by CAR8624, Jan 25, 2005.

1. CAR8624

CAR8624 Regular member

For some DVDs, I always receive this error message:

Failed to read file "F:\"
    "Data error (cyclic redundancy check)"

Is it the drive I'm using? Also I have two DVD drives [one of 'em as a DVD Burner], and for some reason, it will give me the "Data error (cyclic redundancy check)" for both drives. I cannot Shrink.

However I also tried Decrypter. Some DVDs will give me "Read Error" at any percentage [and giving me an option to either skip it or retry]. Should I skip it? Will it affect my DVD backup?

=>CAR8624

2. bardie

bardie Regular member

This error is usually caused by a dirty, scratched or damaged discs.
    You may also like to run a lenses cleaner through your machines as well.

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

(CRC) errors are usually:scratched,dirty,or a bum disk. Also on some of the newer encryptions,this error is popping up. I believe resident evil apacolypse gave me that error using dvd shrink.I used superdvd copy to get through that one,but that was the only movie it would work on.You can even get that error when you try to copy a movie that you already copied.

You cannot backup that disc until you can encode it to your hard drive.
    There is a bad sector on that disc and shrink is trying to get through it,but keeps going around in circles,after so much time-it errors out.It cannot get past that bad spot.

Try cleaning the disk,it may have finger prints.
    You said you used dvd decrypter,set it up to "rip with brute force" and "ignore all read errors".
    If they are scratched up,try getting a repair disc kit like the skip doctor.

Good luck