1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shrink: Incorrect Funtion Error

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by sniperx10, Aug 22, 2004.

1. sniperx10

sniperx10 Member

I just got a DVD burner. I can backup my dvd’s just fine but I am trying to back up my ps2 games with no luck. I am trying to use DVD shrink and DVD Decrypter. Here are the errors I keep getting when I try to open the originals with the two files.
    DVD Decrypter
    I/O Error!
    Device: [0:0:0] (D:)
    CDB: 12 00 00 00 38 00
    Interpretation: Inquiry
    Reason: A device attached to the system is not functioning.

DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue
    Failed to read file d:
    Incorrect Function
    I only have three games and the same errors come up on all of them. The one game is new and has no scratches on it. If you need any more info just let me know. I’m a first timer so start off slow. Thanks

2. Jerman

Jerman Member

What model is your Burner? Also, do your Decrypter settings look like this?:

[​IMG]

3. sniperx10

sniperx10 Member

I have a BUSlink Internal 8x
    Lite-On DVDRW LDW-8515.
    I have tried ISO Read the way you showed same problem. I have tried it in the burner drive and normal DVD drive no luck.

4. Jerman

Jerman Member

Hmm, alright. What games did you try and back up? If possible, you should also try Nero, that's my program of choice, but if neither DVD Decrypter nor Shrink are reading it properly, then I doubt Nero would.

Also, how old are your disk drives? There's a chance the lens could be dirty.

5. dark_in

dark_in Regular member

You try to use dvd srhink with ps2 games? I dont think that would work, will it?

try posting in the dvd decrypter forums. I havent heard of your type of error before.

Possibly a firmware and aspi layer update might help you? Im not sure. sorry

6. sniperx10

sniperx10 Member

The games I tried are NCAA 2004, Tetris Worlds, and Madden 2005 CE. I did the ASPI layer update and still same thing. I don't know what a firmware is.

7. dark_in

dark_in Regular member

start dvd decrypter, right click on your dvd source drive and then click firmware updates.

Wait for someone else to confirm if you need to do this though, because updating firmware incorrectly might permantely damage your drive.