1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SHRINK IS SLOW - Need Help

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by AdysDad, Jan 23, 2007.

1. AdysDad

AdysDad Guest

OK, here's the situation. I tried to read in other threads how to fix this and I thought I had, but the problem came back after 1 burn. Shrink and DVDFAB - Gold are both taking forever to rip my DVD's.

Here's what I've done:

Initially it hadn't switched from DMA to PIO, so that wasn't an issue. So, I unistalled the drivers and let windows reinstall them. That worked for 1 burn.

Then, the same problem arose. I checked and it had slipped to PIO, so I switched that...didn't work. I uninstalled and let windows reinstall...didn't work. It's taking over 2 hours to burn DVD's that were previously taking 25 minutes.

I'm burning with a Sony 16x dual-layer external burner on a Sony VAIO laptop. I have backed up about 200 movies with this combo and had no issues until now. I only have about 30-40 more to go to back up my entire collection...so for this to happen now is quite frustrating.

Any help is appreciated.

Matt

2. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

Last edited: Jan 23, 2007
  3. AdysDad

AdysDad Guest

I actually put the 'To be Read' DVD in my laptop's DVD tray and burn with an external. I think the problem lies in the laptops dvd reader and not the burner. Can I put a 'To be Read' DVD into the external burner for the burner to read the disc as well, or is it meant just for burning?

Thanks!!!!!

4. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

if this happend all of a sudden, like it was working good one day and the nex it went to hell, i would do a system restore to the day before the problems started, most of the time this will solve the problem, good luck

5. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

The external will read from and burn/write to disks as well, both operations should be supported.

Try allowing the external to read the dvd, then have the external burn the ripped files to disk as well (choose the external as your source drive for reading, then choose it as your destination drive for the burning process).

6. AdysDad

AdysDad Guest

I will try to restore...if that doesn't work I'll use the external. I appreciate everyone who has helped. I am not a computer guy, so I'm a little slow with this stuff.

Thanks again,
    Matt