1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shrink love but time to move on

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by stitesbg, Feb 15, 2007.

1. stitesbg

stitesbg Member

i love shrink but they need updates so ive decided to just pay for a new software such as click one dvd copy or something else i was wondering if anyone would give me some ideas of something like shrink

2. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

What updates is it needing? Plus what are you looking for, higher quality or something of near quality, but fast?

For the best quality check our Rebuilder by jdobbs. In transcoders you have DVDCopy 5, Recode, CloneDVD, and DVDFab Platinum to name just a few of the tops. You'll need decryption software. The top freeware are RipIt4Me and DVDFab Decrypter. Slysoft has the AnyDVD and DVDIdle has multiple offerings. Their DVDFab line includes decryption and the DVD Region + CSS Free is similar to AnyDVD.

3. Shardel

Shardel Guest

The gentleman that wrote Shrink now works for Nero. I understand
    that Nero Recode is written by him.
    Don't understand why you are giving up on Shrink. I use AnyDVD,
    Shrink, and Imgburn. This combo does almost all the movies. The
    really difficult ones I use RipIt4Me (which includes FixVTS)with
    the DVD Decrypter. Then I convert to ISO with Shrink and burn
    with Imgburn. All these programs are free except AnyDVD and
    between them I haven't seen anything they won't handle. Plus if
    you are having a problem there are so many really knowledgeable
    people on Afterdawn that will help solve the problem.
    New isn't always better.

4. LDLDL

LDLDL Member

Ever since I've started backing up my movies, I've used DVD Decryptor (Now I use DVDFab) and DVD Shrink. I've never ever had a problem with backing up a movie except when DVDFab wasn't updated (usually one day). These two together are the best!!!!!! And, I have a pentium III!!!!!!

5. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

stitesbg

I'm sure you mean software that's updated to handle/decrypt newer movie releases and produce good quality backups. There are good free apps that will do the job as stated, but...

If you're willing to pay for software that's like shrink, but is constantly updated and produces quality backups, I suggest you try DVDFab Platinum. I have it and use it with great success, the backups look great on my big/wide screen HDTV, and you're given many options as to how you want your backup, you can also copy any DVD to DVDR/PSP/iPod.

http://www.dvdfab.com/dvd-fab-platinum.htm

6. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Everyone is giving suggestions and we all have our favorites. I'm just curious what updates are needed. With Shrink and one of the free decryption programs, such as RipIt4Me, I can do what the retail programs can. It edits, it can do a movie only with menus. RI4M is currently dealing with the heaviest copy protections. ImgBurn can be linked to Decrypter for support through Shrink. That makes the RI4M, Shrink, ImgBurn system seamless from beginning to end. I ask again, what needs to be updated? My friends use this system, watch the movies on a large screen TV and are pleased with the results. If you want to spend the money though, I'm not one to stop you. ;) Shrink won't do Ipod or the other mobile formats, so that would be about the only reason I can think of for different software, unless you want an encoder for higher quality.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2007
  7. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

With DVDFab Decrypter the more recent copy protections from Sony and Lionsgate had the software lagging behind more like one week. They eventually get there.