1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shrink / nero help please....

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by colin605, Apr 13, 2007.

1. colin605

colin605 Member

ok my kids had to mess something up with my nero that i had on my computer to burn movies with, and of course i can not find my nero cd or anything that i had to do with my copy of nero to un-install it and then re-load it..........anyone know of a place to get a copy of it OR any other way to burn movies???with out having to buy nero again........

thanks for the help.......

2. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

If nero is still installed on your computer and are ok with checking out registry entries, you can find the serial# required when you reinstall the application here:

Open Regedit (click "start"-->choose "Run" and type "Regedit" in the space provided then click ok), look for and expand the entries labeled “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ahead\Nero-Burning Rom\Info”
    You can get your Nero 5 or Nero 6 serial number there.

The serial number is displayed in the right pane of the registry editor. There you will find an entry named Serial4, Serial5 or Serial6. This entry will be displayed according to your currently or previous Nero install.

14xx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx (for Nero 4 serial number)
    or
    15xx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx (For Nero 5 serial number)
    or
    1Axx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx (For Nero 6 serial number)

Nero7(different location)
    start nero smart start, click on the burning icon (lower right of the window), click on the License icon to display the number.
    [​IMG]

If you saved nero logs, the serial# is also displayed there as well.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2007
  3. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

If you want a good collection of freeware to decrypt, transcode, and burn with, click Here . It is a collection of the popular freeware such as DVD Shrink and ImgBurn. It includes a installation guide and links to some of the software's home sites. LUK still supports ImgBurn and you can update it from his website. The one in the pack is the latest for now, but he has a help site just for the program.

Even if you can't find your Nero serial right away, you can download the full function trial from the Nero website and use it till you find the serial.

By the way, that freeware is some that I use and it's better than some of the retail program I own. Good luck.

John
    Good thinking. I tell people to wipe that from their logs in public and it slipped my mind. It's getting late, almost the 14th. LOL

Last edited: Apr 13, 2007
  4. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

The 14th will be here in 20 minutes and my eyes are getting pretty tired, time to hit the sheets..LOL.

Good night, Pac.

5. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

G'Night John. Have a good evening.

6. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

colin605 if you had nero on day and thain the next day it was gone all you have to do is do a system restore to the day before you lost your nero, when you do that you will have your nero back to where it was before, good luck

7. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

You're right, system restore is a nice feature when it works. I've found in a lot of cases where software has been deleted that system restore won't put that back.

8. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

System restore has got me out a few binds...but as said it works when it works.

As already stated the serials should be smattered all across your PC.

9. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

You need to set up a child account without admin privileges to alter software.