1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shrink/nero/lite on=blazing speeds

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Xpressor, Apr 2, 2005.

1. Xpressor

Xpressor Regular member

hello all,
    i just wanted to comment on the combination of using shrink/nero/and lite on dvd rom... i took the advice from Nephilim(AD moderator) from the hardware forums... i think that was where i read it... =)

but encoding with shrink and the lite-on reader is like going light speed. i did a b/u from a movie i bought from costco and the encoding speed from the reader got as high as 14,800kb's (movie only) then it went to the dvd burner... the movie length on the shrink guage was bout hour and a half..

but in short i just want to thank A\D,forums,and all members shrink,nero,and lite on is a blaaazzzzzing!!!
    combination oh yeah, and 8x burning forgot bout that.

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

i do ALL my ripping from an LG CD Burner/dvd-rom Combo drive in a usb2 enclosure, i sometimes get rip speed that high. I only ever rip from my internal DVD burner in the rare instances my dvd-rom can't read a disc

3. Xpressor

Xpressor Regular member

hi creaky,

i too use a sony burner, drx-700ul ext usb 2.0
    i just wanted to post a thread about the combination because ive seen members ask how to make shrink process "faster" or more efficient.
    i probably got lucky with that last movie, they wont all rip/encode that fast but i wanted to give my 2 cents about the shrink/nero/lite-on tip i got from the other forums/users...

4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

i've used my DRU-700A in one of my enclosures a few times, it was very quick. But as my PC is so tiny, i can only have one optical drive in the case, so keep the 700A inside and my ripper drive sits outside